Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan of attack

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: My plan of attack

Yes, work on something else for now, make plans to pay it in full on pay day. No worries. 

Plan to have it done before January 2014! 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 20
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

@newmomnewme wrote:

University loan (paid in full), estimated removal date: 02/2017, 120 days lateMaybe you need to call them...do you have proof that they said they would delete? Maybe ask them to delete the late payment instead of the entire TL?

Bank of America and GECRB, I've yet to hear back from.  I've sent multiple letters.
Ostermans rejected.  I sent another letter. Keep GW...I am thinking our GW may work a little better during the holidays???
University has rejected four times.  I sent a fifth letter (lol).
Here's the thing with the university loan.  It's paid off and while I was 120 days late, I made a large payment to bring the account current.  I have record of the payment.  However, they reported to all 3 CRAs that the account was "OK" then proceeded to be 120 days late again.  I think I have a dispute here and I just want the tradeline removed since they won't GW.  What exactly should I say when I dispute?  I would keep trying the direct dispute instead of the CRA dispute....that might end all chances for a GW removal. 

As far as the university goes: I've called them, I've emailed them, and I've wrote them.  I spoke to the lady who did my first GW and she explained that it was done because I made a large payment to bring the account current.  However, the other account was already paid off, so they did not GW it.  I paid both at the same time, but they only GW'd the account with money left...argh.  She's e-mailed me multiple times saying that she can't do it.  I've wrote and e-mailed everyone in the department.  I also send a letter to her, her boss, her bosses' boss, and a few other CSRs every week.  I'm hoping to annoy them enough that they will do it so I go away.  If I don't think they will ever GW, I'm going to hit them with the CRA dispute.  I already informed a CSR that the account was reporting incorrectly, but she didn't seem to care.

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 700+

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 12 of 20
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

Got some unexpected news this morning!

Transunion removed Midland (yay - I beat them!)....and ready for this? They also deleted my judgment!!!  I don't even remember disputing it.  I might try to dispute with the other two CRAs and see what happens.

My only concern is....when I pay this sucker off, can it be readded to my report showing satisfied?

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 13 of 20
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Way to go @ Midland. I would wait to see what others have to say about a judgment being re-added, but I don't think so.

Just pay it and start your vacate process and don't forget to celebrate your Midland victory!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 20
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

@newmomnewme wrote:

@Way to go @ Midland. I would wait to see what others have to say about a judgment being re-added, but I don't think so.

Just pay it and start your vacate process and don't forget to celebrate your Midland victory!!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

I went ahead and disputed the judgment on the other two reports.  We will see what happens.  I disputed the university loan on all 3 as well as my BoA stuff.  BoA had listed several charge offs on the same tradeline.  It seemed weird to me, so I'm hoping they just delete that.

Message 15 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I haven't read the entire thread but it would depend on why it was removed.

If it is beyond 7 years from filing date, no, it can never be reentered, paid or not.

If it is not beyond the 7 years, yes it can. 

Message 16 of 20
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

OK, so here's an update:

Experian finished investigation in a whopping 4 days....

Judgment stays (of course)...they wouldn't even let me write what was wrong with it when disputing...no surprise here

University loan UPDATED to paid, closed as of 11/2013.  The account still shows 120 days late....payment...then 120 days late the next month after in 2009.  Two questions: First, did this just update my 7 years or will it still go by DOFD?  Second, should I dispute again? The 120 days is incorrect....it doesn't seem like Experian even looked into it.  Also, GW doesn't seem like it will work.  They aren't answering my e-mails or letters anymore.

Message 17 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I think people are confused in the way a CRA even does an investigation.  When it comes to a judgment, they look in the data base themselves.  If it is there it is verified.  It could only take 1 day for them to do that.

The CRA doesn't "look" at your file.  They send the dispute to the creditor and the creditor verifies one way or the other.  They very well could have completed that within 4 days.  That is how the CRA investigates, by asking the creditor.

No it didn't update the 7 years.

If the account was paid and closed there can be no lates after the date it was closed.  If the account was 120 days late at the time it was closed, it should show was 120 days late.

I would send a direct dispute to the creditor, along with a copy of how the TL is reporting and not dispute with the CRAs.

Message 18 of 20
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

OK, new question.

GECRB sent me a letter in response to my dispute with the CRAs.  They claimed that they could not find my account in their system and wanted me to provide an account number and reason for my dispute to help them out.  I'm thinking I shouldn't do this.  If they can't verify my account, then they should delete...correct?

Message 19 of 20
Halliep
Valued Member

The difference in the court dates for the judgment are not a mistake - the 4/1 was the hearing, and 4/13 is when the written order was entered.  To vacate, you just need to file a motion to vacate.  The clerk may have been confused when you called because vacating is not a matter of right (i.e., when you settle the debt, it's not automatic that you are entitled to the judgment being vacated).  You will have to present grounds in your motion filing as to why you think there is good cause for the judgment to be vacated.  Depending on the judge, mere settlement may not be enough.  The judge has discretion to grant the vacation of the judgment but is not required to do so.  You will likely need to show up for a hearing to argue it, but that varies from state to state and county to county.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.