cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rebuild so far – Collection free!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My rebuild so far – Collection free!!!

@ladeda8971 wrote:

So………..I just pulled my monthly 3B today and am officially collection free and all 3 credit scores are yellow!

FICO Scores.png

I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for all the time you spend helping so many people on these boards.  Reading other folks credit rebuild success stories is really what did it for me.  They gave me hope and helped me push through the endless phone calls and e-mails and setbacks, etc.  If you have posted anything on these boards – THANK YOU!

I was here at the end of July 2019:

Collections:

Midland Funding - $296

PRA - $912

PRA - $2735

EOS CCA - $91

Columbia Collections – 1 for $176 & 2 w/ $0

Professional Credit Service - $100

LVNV Funding - $1728

Quick Collect – $405 originally, but PIF several years ago

First Tech FCU Secured Platinum - $500

Discover It Secured - $200

1 installment loan (SSL through my CU) - $500

Current:

0 Collections!!!!

I have $9000 in TLs. 

Discover IT - $0/$2000.  Graduated and CL increase at 7 months.    

Goldman Sachs Apple Card - $78/$2000. 

Cap1 QS - $0/$500

Kohl's - $0/$300

Amazon Prime Store Card - $45/$1,700

Les Schwab - $1102/$1,500 (just charged yesterday, paying down to 9% next week, but needed an installment loan, as my car is paid off)

Amex Everyday Preferred - $0/$1000

I closed my CU secured card, as it would never graduate and paid off my SSL last month, as I am planning to move my accounts over to NFCU.

I still have quite a few lates showing up and 1 charge off.  Credit One C/O ($0 bal) won’t fall off until next May.  Have sent GW letters, but no replies.  Capitol One/Best Buy that was a C/O, but they updated to show only as 30 days late, which will fall off in August of this year.  30, 60 & 90 day auto loan lates from 2016 will stay on until 2023.  Toyota Motor Credit has said no to my goodwill requests – so far.  Still trying.

My goal was to get my scores up to 700 by July of this year and I’m soooo close!  Just going to practice AZEO and not take out any new credit until we build our dream house in 2021.  Now, just gotta work on my hubby’s derogs…..and high balance personal loans….. 

And thanks again to the MyFico fam!  No way I could have gotten here without your knowledge and patience and kindness.  Seriously, these boards are such a game changer for those of us that have lost our way!

What a marvelous rebuild legacy you have created here!  I am so encouraged and impressed with your journey.   My rebuild started not too long ago.  I have had some successes with EEs, and removal of collections.  But the endeavor can be exhausting with the letters, calls etc.  I recently had 3 accounts removed - via EEs and also a collection deleted.  I am hoping for some respectable score jump considering there are no other new baddies etc... Do you have any advice from a tactical/motivation standpoint?  I am impatient, and don't want to be wreckless What has worked for you?  Thanks for being a hero here...
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!🎉 what an awesome feeling, keep going & you'll see those 700s and higher in no time!

Message 12 of 20
ladeda8971
Valued Member

Hey @Bank007, honestly, the biggest thing for me was patience......  I had trouble early on not seeing the scores go up fast enough, after something was removed, etc. and not prequalifying for the cards I wanted, etc.   The 2nd thing I personally found super helpful was telling my family and friends about my rebuild and having them help motivate me.  We are working on my husbands credit/debt now (our finances are completely separate) and seeing where I am has motivated him to get his act together.    

Just keep at it!  You got this!  I'm excited to follow your journey!

Jan. 2024

June 2019

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your hardwork!!

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! This is an encouragement.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your score improvements!

you're doing a great job with the rebuild!

keep it up

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success! 👍

Message 17 of 20
T_Lab_89
Contributor

@ladeda8971 wrote:

So………..I just pulled my monthly 3B today and am officially collection free and all 3 credit scores are yellow!

FICO Scores.png

I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for all the time you spend helping so many people on these boards.  Reading other folks credit rebuild success stories is really what did it for me.  They gave me hope and helped me push through the endless phone calls and e-mails and setbacks, etc.  If you have posted anything on these boards – THANK YOU!

I was here at the end of July 2019:

Collections:

Midland Funding - $296

PRA - $912

PRA - $2735

EOS CCA - $91

Columbia Collections – 1 for $176 & 2 w/ $0

Professional Credit Service - $100

LVNV Funding - $1728

Quick Collect – $405 originally, but PIF several years ago

First Tech FCU Secured Platinum - $500

Discover It Secured - $200

1 installment loan (SSL through my CU) - $500

Current:

0 Collections!!!!

I have $9000 in TLs. 

Discover IT - $0/$2000.  Graduated and CL increase at 7 months.    

Goldman Sachs Apple Card - $78/$2000. 

Cap1 QS - $0/$500

Kohl's - $0/$300

Amazon Prime Store Card - $45/$1,700

Les Schwab - $1102/$1,500 (just charged yesterday, paying down to 9% next week, but needed an installment loan, as my car is paid off)

Amex Everyday Preferred - $0/$1000

I closed my CU secured card, as it would never graduate and paid off my SSL last month, as I am planning to move my accounts over to NFCU.

I still have quite a few lates showing up and 1 charge off.  Credit One C/O ($0 bal) won’t fall off until next May.  Have sent GW letters, but no replies.  Capitol One/Best Buy that was a C/O, but they updated to show only as 30 days late, which will fall off in August of this year.  30, 60 & 90 day auto loan lates from 2016 will stay on until 2023.  Toyota Motor Credit has said no to my goodwill requests – so far.  Still trying.

My goal was to get my scores up to 700 by July of this year and I’m soooo close!  Just going to practice AZEO and not take out any new credit until we build our dream house in 2021.  Now, just gotta work on my hubby’s derogs…..and high balance personal loans….. 

And thanks again to the MyFico fam!  No way I could have gotten here without your knowledge and patience and kindness.  Seriously, these boards are such a game changer for those of us that have lost our way!

Congratulations!

April 2019 (4 collections)
EQ - 563
TU - 586
EX - 578
March 2022 (0 collections)
EQ - 670
TU - 690
EX - 691
Message 18 of 20
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@ladeda8971 Can I ask how you sent GW letters to Toyota? I am getting ready to send mine via email tomorrow. Hoping I have the correct email and that I get an actual response. It's my biggest blemish that can't be undone with paying. 

Message 19 of 20
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the rebuild, you've came a long ways! 

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.