Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rebuild story so far...

tag
Greyraven40
Established Member

My rebuild story so far...

Hi, been lurking for not too long. Current myFICO of 670. I have way too much revolving credit card debt near capped out. A BOFA card at 12k in particular that I just paid down to half of that. Very anxious to see what kind of bounce that may give me. Any guesses? I'll post when it does. I also had 2 30 day lates last fall in the same month during a move when we sold our home and went to a rent for awhile. I've gone through all 3 of the MyFICO links to the bureaus to dispute. We legitimately had USPS mail forwarding problems. Any chance that gets resolved or a better plan of attack for that issue? Pleased to have found this place. I will continue to read and educate myself. Thank you. grey.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
nma851
Regular Contributor

Re: My rebuild story so far...

Hey Grey and welcome!

Trying to stay in order of your questions, by you paying that one BoA card down is at 50% util (utilization) on just that card alone. I don't know what other revolving lines you have or how much DTI you have combined, however an "overall" util of LESS than 30% is what you want to target for. The more you are using on one and/or total util will lower your scores. This is just one factor on your scores as you already likely know Smiley Happy Smiley Happy.

As for those 2/30's, I would (and have) sent the forwarding info to the bank(s) - the official USPS change of address that is - along with a letter explaining as you did to us above. While they may counter with "you should have updated with us", and depending on how well you've paid them previously, they MAY just go ahead and remove those derog's. We all know forwarded mail from a move can take weeks - and with the official "notice of forwarding/moving" being sent, I would say you have a good shot. It certainly will not hurt to try - otherwise your answer will be no since you never asked them! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Keep us posted and feel free to ask away should you need anything else. Glad to try and help out and best of luck to you as well.
BCE: 22.5K; BC-REW: 15K; QSSIG: 15K; CITI: 6K; FREE: 15.5K; DISC-IT: 17K; FCU: 20K; FCU-HELOC: 7.3/45K; AMZ-MC: 6.5K; KAY: 7.4K, LOWES VISA: 22K. FICOS: EX: 829; TU: 812, EQ: 822- 21 OCT 15. (NEVER TO FORGET PRE-MF: 635, 629, & 630 in Oct 2012)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.