Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO Thank you!! Goodbye Jeff Cap Sys

tag
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

MyFICO Thank you!! Goodbye Jeff Cap Sys

Because of the knowledge on this board I was able to get Jeff Cap Systems to FINALLY go away.  I filed a complaint with the FDIC, FTC, CFPB, and the Office of the Attorney General of CA.  They were ordered to cease and desist on an Aspire account.....something having to do with a previous ruling.  If it were not for the information shared by members here about complaints, this CA would have been holding on to my CR until October 2015.   Thank you!  

I came home to find this personally signed letter:

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx,

Jeff Cap sys acquired your Aspire Visa in October 2008.......  It is our responsibility as a furnisher of information to the credit reporting agencies to provide 

accurate information.  In response to your communication, we have closed our file and terminated collection efforts.  We are notifying the 3 major credit

bureaus to delete our trade line from your credit bureau file.  

We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxx

Consumer Relations Staff

On behalf of JCS

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: MyFICO Thank you!! Goodbye Jeff Cap Sys

Congrats on your success 

WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind sharing what you did? Is this in response to a DV letter and if so which template did you use?

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

and was it difficult to file all of those complaints? Did you do it online?

Message 4 of 24
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@alienfico wrote:

Because of the knowledge on this board I was able to get Jeff Cap Systems to FINALLY go away.  I filed a complaint with the FDIC, FTC, CFPB, and the Office of the Attorney General of CA.  They were ordered to cease and desist on an Aspire account.....something having to do with a previous ruling.  If it were not for the information shared by members here about complaints, this CA would have been holding on to my CR until October 2015.   Thank you!  

I came home to find this personally signed letter:

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx,

Jeff Cap sys acquired your Aspire Visa in October 2008.......  It is our responsibility as a furnisher of information to the credit reporting agencies to provide 

accurate information.  In response to your communication, we have closed our file and terminated collection efforts.  We are notifying the 3 major credit

bureaus to delete our trade line from your credit bureau file.  

We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxx

Consumer Relations Staff

On behalf of JCS

Congrats on your patience and victory.......Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 24
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Hi Radarluv,

I don't know which member it was 818taxi or baller4life....but someone gave me an awesome template.  

This is basically what I wrote:

In reviewing the information you are reporting to the credit bureaus, I have noted that you are reporting trade lines as follows:

(list the trade lines, are they reporting themseves as the original owner - which in my case they were)  

Reporting these trade lines and 3rd party collections of these accounts is prohibited by the Federal Trade Commission ruling Case #1:08-cv-1976-BBM-RGV, 1219/2008.  You are hereby ordered to cease, desist and delte all trade lines from any and all credit reporting agencies (Experian, Equifax, Transunion, etc.) as mandated by this ruling.

I have already filed a complaint with the FTC, and the FDIC, and will also file a complaint with the BBB if these reporting trade lines are not deleted within 5 business days of the date of this letter.  If you continue to report, I will have no choice but to file suit against JCS.

Sincerely

xxxxx

Then I listed all the complaints I had filed with the addresses of the businesses and the online complaint numbers.

Filing wasn't hard....had I known they'd move like lightening I would have done this earlier.  Thank you MyFico!!!!

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome. I will bookmark this for later when I hear back from my Dv letters.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 8 of 24
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 9 of 24
taxi818
Super Contributor

Thank you. I remember telling you. Smiley Happy. I got my last co off this morning from same case. Good luck. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.