cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico score vs. Prosper Score vs. Lendingtree

tag
gettingitdone

MyFico score vs. Prosper Score vs. Lendingtree

My Myfico score shows me to have a score of 642.  I know you need a 660 or above to try for a Lendingtree score, but I figured I'd see what happened since they onlydo a soft pull.  Naturally I was declined, but then I got a real shocker from both Lendingtree and Prosper.

myFico score: 642

Prosper score: 535

Lending Tree score: 594 

Now my credit is not perfect, but I recently got approved for a new credit card.  So when my scores came back this low, I was shocked and somewhat disappointed.  5 years ago I had an auto repo, which I am currently paying off and am almost done with.  I just need a small loan to finish out the rest ($3300).  The last three years of my credit report have been pretty clean with no late payments on  my original credit card(with 46% utlization and going down). Last late payment on anything was 3+ years ago.  I have two credit card accounts in good standing.  I have a student loan account in good standing as well.  I have 2 accounts that have been paid off and settled in full all from that same period in time where I had the repo. Now I am just waiting for everything to roll off.  

So why are the numbers so different?  I was going to try for a loan from my bank(TDBANK) but now I am not so sure...  This is the last peice of my bad credit history puzzle and I want it gone.  Worst comes to worse I will continue paying it off like I have been.  Any suggestions or reasoning to all this madness and confusion?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MyFico score vs. Prosper Score vs. Lendingtree

@gettingitdone wrote:

My Myfico score shows me to have a score of 642.  I know you need a 660 or above to try for a Lendingtree score, but I figured I'd see what happened since they onlydo a soft pull.  Naturally I was declined, but then I got a real shocker from both Lendingtree and Prosper.

myFico score: 642

Prosper score: 535

Lending Tree score: 594 

Now my credit is not perfect, but I recently got approved for a new credit card.  So when my scores came back this low, I was shocked and somewhat disappointed.  5 years ago I had an auto repo, which I am currently paying off and am almost done with.  I just need a small loan to finish out the rest ($3300).  The last three years of my credit report have been pretty clean with no late payments on  my original credit card(with 46% utlization and going down). Last late payment on anything was 3+ years ago.  I have two credit card accounts in good standing.  I have a student loan account in good standing as well.  I have 2 accounts that have been paid off and settled in full all from that same period in time where I had the repo. Now I am just waiting for everything to roll off.  

So why are the numbers so different?  I was going to try for a loan from my bank(TDBANK) but now I am not so sure...  This is the last peice of my bad credit history puzzle and I want it gone.  Worst comes to worse I will continue paying it off like I have been.  Any suggestions or reasoning to all this madness and confusion?  Thanks in advance!

The scores from myFICO are FICO scores and of course you only have the option from TransUnion and/or Equifax.

IIRC, Prosper.com pulls Experian vs. EQ or TU. They also use (or used) a non-FICO score called a ScoreX-Plus score which factors in stuff that FICO does not and vice-versa. And of course you really can't compare a FICO with a FAKO yet alone two different CRAs.

I don't know what LendingTree uses. I applied with them many, many years ago and it was a FICO then but I'm not so sure now. Do you know which CRA they pulled? ETA...did they provide a score range?

Message 2 of 8
gettingitdone

Lending tree pulled transunion and offered a score range of 300-850. Thanks for your reply.
Message 3 of 8
avigeant83
New Contributor

Hate to jump in but to get your TU Fico score, trying lendingclub.com

Message 4 of 8
gettingitdone

Thanks for jumping in. I just realized I was putting lending tree, when I did indeed use lending club. Sorry for the confusion. I have researched so much lately that it starts to blend together.

So Lendingclub gave me a score of 594 through transunion.
Message 5 of 8
NurseMaru

UPDATE

They now use a FICO 08.  I guess I need to research just what that means now.  I just apped my mom who wants to put down some new floor in the kitchen and this is the message returned:

Thank you for applying for a loan through Prosper. We are unable to accept your loan request because your FICO®08 credit score was below 640.

Edited to Add: Prosper score for me came back at 703, myFICO score today 685, so who knows.  YMMV.

Message 6 of 8
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

Prosper Is Ex 08 fico

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Well knowing it is a SP only, I tried and found out my EX score is 655 :-)

I was denied based on my forclosure still hanging its ugly head but I was fine with it :-) I didnt want a loan, just my score lol!!

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.