Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico Score

tag
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

Myfico Score

Ok so i paid off one of my accounts, and now my score went down 7 points. Smiley Sad  What am i doing wrong?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Myfico Score

Was this a collection account?

If so, you made the mistake of paying without a PFD..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/m-p/4519/message-uid/4519#...

Message 2 of 6
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

No, it was a closed account i had a payment agreement with them and i was paying little by little.  It will be deleted, but it just posted as $0 balance.  You think it will go back up once they delete it?

Thank you

Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Ok.. did they update the tradeline each month you paid? What was the last balance? I suspect the DOLA may have changed which had a slight impact on your score. I wouldn't worry about it, you should recover quickly.

Message 4 of 6
QueenJ
Regular Contributor

Yes, it was showing as paid as agreed. I do have some lates from that account from 2010.  Looking forward to it being deleted.  Thanks for the response.

Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Ah yep.. that explains it.. paying off caused the DOLA to update and since there are some older lates those are still impacting your score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.