cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico credit card simulator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Myfico credit card simulator

Is the MyFico credit simulator on myfico.com pretty accurate?  Right now my only credit card balance is $9,275.  I have several other cards but my Navy Federal card is the only one carrying a balance.  It's saying that if I pay down by $200 then my Eq score will go up 15 points.  Does that sound right?  I would love it but it just seems unreal.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Valued Contributor

Re: Myfico credit card simulator

No. Every profile is different and therefore every profile will respond differently to changes. Don’t put any faith in simulators.

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 2 of 6
Valued Contributor

Depending on your limit, paying $200 might drop you through a scoring threshold, which easily COULD gain you those points, but I would chalk that up to coincidence.

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

Message 3 of 6
Valued Member

$10k is my limit.
Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

Nope, no thresholds crossed. You’d go from about 93% to 91%. The maxed out threshold is 88.9%. If I were you I’d pay your card down as far as possible and soon. At the least get below 87%, farther if possible. You don’t want to carry balances at that percentage for long.

Message 5 of 6
Established Contributor

Yes, certainly getting below 90 percent is ideal. But try to pay more if you can

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.