Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU Wont Budge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA FCU Wont Budge

Hello,

I am down to the last couple of creditors.  I have been working with RA Rodgers to settle the NASA FCU Account.  The Balance is $10,083.00, they are firm on a settlement of $8500.00 (84%).

Should I accept the settlement?  It is $1583.00 less than the balance.  I'm sure they will update to "settled".

Any advice would be great.  Thanks, 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: NASA FCU Wont Budge

NASA is one tough CU. Its even hard to get in and get a credit card from them. Almost like the Chase of CU's. So I'd take the offer and put it behind you. Settled is better than owed and having them come after you in court.

Message 2 of 5
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

How old is it?  Within SOL?  That matters.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am down to the last couple of creditors.  I have been working with RA Rodgers to settle the NASA FCU Account.  The Balance is $10,083.00, they are firm on a settlement of $8500.00 (84%).

Should I accept the settlement?  It is $1583.00 less than the balance.  I'm sure they will update to "settled".

Any advice would be great.  Thanks, 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The charge off is less than a year old, so yes within SOL
Message 4 of 5
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

TBH, credit unions generally just don't offer lower settlement amounts. If you can do this now and see it as a priority in your settlement process, I think it is enitrely reasonable to accept their offer. It probably won't go much lower. But if you are worried about someone else suing you first, then maybe settle the other account first and know that you will likely be able to get this offer again in a couple of months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.