Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVIENT removing BADDIES!!

tag
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Re: NAVIENT removing BADDIES!!

@creditstalker wrote:

I got mine removed because I was in school at the time they reported me late.  I'm not for certain how the forbearance works,  but I know one thing the interest rates on 6 of my loans is a a darn 6.8% which is RIDICULOUS!

I have a university loan at 9% which is really criminal. But yeah, all of my Navient loans are in the 5-6% range which feels ridiculous for educational loans. I feel they should be capped at 2% as a law. Maybe someday our country will act like it cares about students from non-rich families.

Have you guys tried going through the Office of the Customer Advocate at Navient? I've had great success working with them, they seem to be so much nicer than the regular reps.

Message 21 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

You will not see a huge increase.  I had 84 lates removed across 21 accounts from 2013 and I guess since it's over 2 years old I didn't get an increase. 

Wowwwww @@Creditobsessed12

I did the USAA credit stimulator,  and based on it I should get 115 points....

I have a total of (6) 150 lates and (3) 120 lates that will be removed.....

I paid off a few collections 5 of which will be completly deleted from my report.  So, after thats all deleted and collections are reported paid (so that they can stop updating ..)

I will only have 4 collections left to work on (which are fraudulent accounts that I plan sending police reports)

These will be the only derog's left:

(3) 30 day lates and (2) 60 day lates

You will see an increase on 120 and 150 day lates. Anything 90 days and above continue to hurt until they fall off. 30 and 60 day lates hurt less and less over time (stop hurting at 2 years)    not necessarily so on the 60 days late, new evidence has been posted recently that they can affect till CRTP, it depends on your overall file so if it's been awhile since 30 and 60 day lates were on your CR at the time of removal, the increase will be minimal, if any.

Message 22 of 36
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@creditstalker wrote:

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

You will not see a huge increase.  I had 84 lates removed across 21 accounts from 2013 and I guess since it's over 2 years old I didn't get an increase. 

Wowwwww @@Creditobsessed12

I did the USAA credit stimulator,  and based on it I should get 115 points....

I have a total of (6) 150 lates and (3) 120 lates that will be removed.....

I paid off a few collections 5 of which will be completly deleted from my report.  So, after thats all deleted and collections are reported paid (so that they can stop updating ..)

I will only have 4 collections left to work on (which are fraudulent accounts that I plan sending police reports)

These will be the only derog's left:

(3) 30 day lates and (2) 60 day lates

You will see an increase on 120 and 150 day lates. Anything 90 days and above continue to hurt until they fall off. 30 and 60 day lates hurt less and less over time (stop hurting at 2 years)    not necessarily so on the 60 days late, new evidence has been posted recently that they can affect till CRTP, it depends on your overall file so if it's been awhile since 30 and 60 day lates were on your CR at the time of removal, the increase will be minimal, if any.

Good to know. Anecdotally, I didn't get any bump when my 30 and 60 day lates were removed, but as you mentioned it could simply be because of other baddies overshadowing them. I also think getting the lates removed would help in terms of "percentage of on time payments" or whatever that category is.

Message 23 of 36
camera_jen
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@camera_jen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is awesome. I had the same issue and I contacted Navient (which by far has better customer service that Sallie Mae) and the lady told me that they did not remove anything off credit reports. I ave verification of enrollment letter and form 1099-T for proof..... Do you mind forwarding me the info/number you used????

I'm having a similar issue with Navient.  They dinged me at the end of a forebearance, which wasn't entirely my own fault and not entirely theirs either, but they won't budge on taking it off.

Same here. There was a paperwork snafoo (what I was sending in wasn't "sufficient") and I kept falling in/out of forebearance and never hitting deferment. I've got sixteen lates on 2 accounts over the course of 4 years, and they aren't budging with GW requests. 

Sounds familiar.  In my case, there was no date on my forebearance on when the first payment would be due, just the month.  I had to request my online login information and I ended up with a couple months being late.  During my calls to them to straighten it out, their whole thing was "we mailed it to you".  However I was having mail delivery problems (have since opened a PO box because of it) and given the issues I was having the mail should have been returned to them.  I asked if they'd remove the lates after 6-12 months of on time payments and they refused.

Message 24 of 36
camera_jen
New Contributor

@creditstalker wrote:

I got mine removed because I was in school at the time they reported me late.  I'm not for certain how the forbearance works,  but I know one thing the interest rates on 6 of my loans is a a darn 6.8% which is RIDICULOUS!

I'm at 7.25%.  Thinking about possibly refinancing at some point in the future, but even through the local CU the refi loans are over 6%.

Message 25 of 36
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

This is all good information.  I have two recent 30 day late payments that occurred in 2014.  I only hope that I get something,  it took me forever for them to remove that stuff....hard work

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 26 of 36
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@creditstalker wrote:

Thanks @@New_Beginning

I had to stay on them....they are a pain to deal with.  Hopefully I will see an increase with the 6 loans 150 days late and 3 loans 120 days late.   This will remove all negative marks on my student loans....Fingers crossed

Thanks for sharing I have 2- 60 days lates from 2012 that  I had been trying to get Sallie Mae to good will off because it was a communication error and they wont budget. Payment history was perfect before and after that break in communication.  Hopefully Navient will help me out :-)

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 36
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

@creditstalker wrote:

Thanks @@New_Beginning

I had to stay on them....they are a pain to deal with.  Hopefully I will see an increase with the 6 loans 150 days late and 3 loans 120 days late.   This will remove all negative marks on my student loans....Fingers crossed

Thanks for sharing I have 2- 60 days lates from 2012 that  I had been trying to get Sallie Mae to good will off because it was a communication error and they wont budget. Payment history was perfect before and after that break in communication.  Hopefully Navient will help me out :-)

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 36
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

After dealing with Navient and their "customer service" reps over 2 months.   I had to submit the same documents multiple times, contacted several reps who told several different stories.  Finally My issue has been escalated today,  and hopefully the late payments will be updated next week.

The office of the customer advocate seems to be more experienced.  I hope to get a big increase after the 9 accounts are updated.

Current scores:

EQ 605

TU 628

EX 599

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 29 of 36
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@creditstalker wrote:

After dealing with Navient and their "customer service" reps over 2 months.   I had to submit the same documents multiple times, contacted several reps who told several different stories.  Finally My issue has been escalated today,  and hopefully the late payments will be updated next week.

The office of the customer advocate seems to be more experienced.  I hope to get a big increase after the 9 accounts are updated.

Current scores:

EQ 605

TU 628

EX 599

Stay on them and deal with them via email if possible, so you have a paper trail.

I have been dealing with them for almost 3 months and I think I'm finally in the homestretch. My Sallie Mae (1 account, closed/transferred) and Navient (3 accounts, open) lates have been completely removed on EQ and EX, just waiting for them to process the update to TU. It's been a huge headache...but in the end it will have been worth it. I am seriously holding my breath until I see that update on TU, but I won't give up on it.

The office of the customer advocate is definitely worlds better than the main reps.

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.