cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCB Collection, Am I doing the right thing.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NCB Collection, Am I doing the right thing.

Hello all,

Have a charged off Nissan Motor Account from 2019 with 6K balance.  Recieved a call today from a new collection agency requesting to settle for half, 3k in 3 payments, then will delete. NCB owns the debt. They received my account on yesterday. THIS IS NOT REPORTING ON MY CREDIT REPORTS.

They will not report to credit bureaus if agreement is kept. They sent me a letter via email with the aggreement that states once payments complete account will report as settled.  I called back after getting the letter and was told they cant say PFD because it will not report to the credit bureas due to our agreement. 

Question: since Nissan sold the account, can they continue to report to my file?

And if I pay the collection agency and Nissan remains on my credit file, then how will I get Nissan to remove or delete the  account?

This will be my last baddie. thanks for the feedback! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: NCB Collection, Am I doing the right thing.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

Have a charged off Nissan Motor Account from 2019 with 6K balance.  Recieved a call today from a new collection agency requesting to settle for half, 3k in 3 payments, then will delete. NCB owns the debt. They received my account on yesterday. THIS IS NOT REPORTING ON MY CREDIT REPORTS.

They will not report to credit bureaus if agreement is kept. They sent me a letter via email with the aggreement that states once payments complete account will report as settled.  I called back after getting the letter and was told they cant say PFD because it will not report to the credit bureas due to our agreement. 

Question: since Nissan sold the account, can they continue to report to my file?

And if I pay the collection agency and Nissan remains on my credit file, then how will I get Nissan to remove or delete the  account?

Yes Nissan can remain on your report after they sold the account. The payment history and end result of the account doesn't go away just because a lender sold the liability. 

Not much you can do but wait. You could try asking Nissan for a goodwill deletion but since you cost them money don't hold your breath expecting them to do you a favor. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

Yes Nissan can remain on your report after they sold the account. The payment history and end result of the account doesn't go away just because a lender sold the liability. 

Not much you can do but wait. You could try asking Nissan for a goodwill deletion but since you cost them money don't hold your breath expecting them to do you a favor. 

Okay to Nissan remaining on the report.....

Will I just send the settlement letter once paid to the credit bureaus to update the status or does Nissan remain on the credit report with the incorrect balance. 

Message 3 of 4
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

They will likely remain on the report, maybe with a corrected balance. I've had that happen to me before. I ended up getting it deleted but it was a long arduous process involving an attorney. I had fraud claims in the original contract with the dealer, and basically threatened to sue the dealer and the lender, and managed to get the account deleted.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.