Past Due:

>$147<

Pay Status:

>In Collection<

Remarks: 

>PLACED FOR COLLECTION<

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 

02/2014

To start things off, I havent had an account with AT&T since 2001.  Does this look like a re-aged account considering they list another collection agency as the original creditor? I tried sending them a PFD but they have never responded? Should I just DV them? If so, then what?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

or even just dispute through CRA's?

or even just dispute through CRA's?

Message 2 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: NCO Financial

Diabolically_Random wrote: So this is the listing: 

I had a similar account with them.  I contacted AT&T, and they accepted payment.  I tried GW  to NCO, but no luck.  I found a minor discrepancy and used it as an excuse to dispute, and it was deleted.  

If I were you, I'd contact AT&T to start, and get them to mail you the info if it's legit. 

Message 3 of 9
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Ive only had 1 dealing with NCO, and in my particular case what was reported was fradulent.

Perhaps thats why disputing directly through the CRAs resulted in the Collection being deleted within a week. 

I recognized the original Creditor reported, and found some old paperwork.

The account reported had been re-aged as well as the orginal balance being increased a bit.

It was reported as $101 and they also showed a payment history to them, with a balace of $31 left. 

Funny since I never recieved anything from them, yet had a payment arragement and was supposedly paying....

Equally funny was the amount of the balance left was what was truly owed to the original creditor.

I just apologized & settled up with the OC directly after disputing NCO, and havent heard from them since.

Watch NCO.

If its a legit debt, gather all the files you can. You may need them. If they are falsely reporting, getting it removed should not be too difficult.  In my case they auto deleted rather than try to justify it.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answers. I called AT&T and they have no record of it. I went ahead and contacted NCO and since I wouldnt give them any information they ended saying I was wasting their time and hung up on me.

Message 5 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the answers. I called AT&T and they have no record of it. I went ahead and contacted NCO and since I wouldnt give them any information they ended saying I was wasting their time and hung up on me.

Forget phone calls...  At this point it sounds like a good case for a "not mine" dispute after DV.

Message 6 of 9
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I had 3 accounts with NCO from 2008, I disputed all 3 and all 3 were removed and I have not heard anything since.
They are great about removals from what I have read here.
I suggest disputing these with NCO directly. If AT&T does not have the detailed info required by a dispute and they will need to remove.
If you get no where with a direct dispute with the CA, dispute through the CRA.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the responses. I managed to get DV sent off this afternoon. It may actually be mine, if it was it was from an account when I was thinking may just go ahead and go for a pfd again just so this doesn't drag on forever.

Message 8 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the responses. I managed to get DV sent off this afternoon. It may actually be mine, if it was it was from an account when I was thinking may just go ahead and go for a pfd again just so this doesn't drag on forever.

If you think it really is yours, press NCO for the OC account number; that should help ATT find you.  ATT is a bloated bureaucracy who can't find their own feet, so it doesn't suprise me that you have to help them along.

If you pay the OC, NCO will likely not verify a dispute.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.