Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO GW Success!

tag
Poet34
Valued Member

NCO GW Success!

I really appreciate reading success stories of other forum members and how everyone here is so willing to share info regarding the road to rebuilding credit.

I wanted to quickly share a small success story of my own.  On 11/30/10 I emailed a GW letter to NCO regarding a paid collection for $111 from SBC.  I haven't had SBC service since about 2004 and thought I was paid in full when I switched to Vonage.  Unfortunately, apparently I wasn't.  Sometime in 2009, before learning about PFD on myfico.com, I paid the collection.

After learning about GW letters here in the community, I've started sending GWs for a couple paid accounts.  Yesterday I received a letter from NCO that reads:

Dear Poet34:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above-referenced account.  Please be advised that the above-referenced account is closed in our office as settled.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus, with which we do business, with our request to delete our listing of the above-referenced account from your credit profile for the social security number we have listed in our records.  Please be advised that NCO Financial Systems, Inc. cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

Very truly yours,

Legal Compliance Department

I am actually very impressed to receive such a fast response and immediate action from NCO, especially when this was the very first GW that I sent them.

I sent another GW letter for 2 30 day lates at HSBC and a dispute letter to a CA.  I will give these another week or so to respond and then I will pull scores again and update regarding any changes in my scores.

I found the contact person's name through this forum and would be happy to share it via PM with anyone that would like it.

Thanks again to all contributing forum members.

Happy Holidays!

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Re: NCO GW Success!

Any chance I can get the e-mail address?

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 18
RashShakur
New Contributor

Congrats !!! Is  it possible for you to PM the address that you used for you GW letter. Thanks.

Message 4 of 18
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

If you could PM the address you used to me as well I'd be very appreciative!

Message 5 of 18
Poet34
Valued Member

Thank you discernment!

The myfico community has been an excellent resource for me and I hope to continue to read about the successes of others as well.

Happy Holidays!

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 6 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Poet34 wrote:

I really appreciate reading success stories of other forum members and how everyone here is so willing to share info regarding the road to rebuilding credit.

I wanted to quickly share a small success story of my own.  On 11/30/10 I emailed a GW letter to NCO regarding a paid collection for $111 from SBC.  I haven't had SBC service since about 2004 and thought I was paid in full when I switched to Vonage.  Unfortunately, apparently I wasn't.  Sometime in 2009, before learning about PFD on myfico.com, I paid the collection.

After learning about GW letters here in the community, I've started sending GWs for a couple paid accounts.  Yesterday I received a letter from NCO that reads:

Dear Poet34:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above-referenced account.  Please be advised that the above-referenced account is closed in our office as settled.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus, with which we do business, with our request to delete our listing of the above-referenced account from your credit profile for the social security number we have listed in our records.  Please be advised that NCO Financial Systems, Inc. cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

Very truly yours,

Legal Compliance Department

I am actually very impressed to receive such a fast response and immediate action from NCO, especially when this was the very first GW that I sent them.

I sent another GW letter for 2 30 day lates at HSBC and a dispute letter to a CA.  I will give these another week or so to respond and then I will pull scores again and update regarding any changes in my scores.

I found the contact person's name through this forum and would be happy to share it via PM with anyone that would like it.

Thanks again to all contributing forum members.

Happy Holidays!

Congrats!

NCO is pretty easy to work with once paid, they may tell you they cant delete but GW's usually help the process.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 18
kimball00
Valued Member

If you can, please supplu me with your NCO contact.

Thank you,

edited to remove your name

MyFico: Equifax:
643 9/5/12
629 7/23/12
618 8/7/12

GOAL: 700 by 1/1/13
Message 8 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

NCO was actually decent to work with. I sent them a DV and then they deleted the entry from my reports while they validated.

They did come back with something which I agreed to pay right after (they also agreed to only taking 50% of the balance)...I wish it was this easy all the time.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 18
kimball00
Valued Member

Could you please PM me your NCO contact.

Thank you!

MyFico: Equifax:
643 9/5/12
629 7/23/12
618 8/7/12

GOAL: 700 by 1/1/13
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.