Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO HELP PLEASE!

tag
flinjami83
New Contributor

NCO HELP PLEASE!

I have done a DV, PFD, sent emails to contacts I have been PM'd with, sent emails through their company website and the response I have gotten from all:

CRICKETS!

Does ANYONE have a way to get in touch with these people? I've also heard that paying the OC then disputing NCO will get it removed. I'm about to take that route if I can't get a response out of them.

Starting Score: 595 (2/22/13)
Current Score: FICO 624 (4/22/2014)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NCO HELP PLEASE!

I won't comment on the dispute for obvious reasons, but keep trying the PFDs if they responded to your DV. Don't limit yourself to e-mail. IMO, from what I've seen in here e-mail isn't the best method for baddies.

Message 2 of 13
flinjami83
New Contributor

Would you recommend calling them?

Message 3 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, never call a CA that claims you owe money. Their word is never their bond. I dealt with NCO twice but they folded after receiving the DV. I never was in aposition where they validated but refused a PFD.

Message 4 of 13
flinjami83
New Contributor

So then what did you do? They didn't validate so you disputed them?

Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

No, I never ever disputed them. I just mailed a DV CMRRR and they deleted. Had they validated then I would have had to mail off a herd of PFDs until they said yes.

Message 6 of 13
flinjami83
New Contributor

Ok, well they have two accounts on my report, should I send DV's for both two separate letters? and I will do it CRMRR

Message 7 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@flinjami83 wrote:

Ok, well they have two accounts on my report, should I send DV's for both two separate letters? and I will do it CRMRR

IMO, send one to start and don't reference any account info. And as always, don't tell them the OC or balance. Since it's after 30 days the DV is legally ineffective, but the purpose here is to get them to communicate and to get info out of them by which to PFD.

Message 8 of 13
flinjami83
New Contributor

Ok thanks! 

Message 9 of 13
flinjami83
New Contributor

Oh also, one of these TL's just hit my report a few weeks ago and so far I haven't received anything in the mail from them.... does this give me any leverage when sending them the DV?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.