Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO- Hard Pulls- non-PP letter debate

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

NCO- Hard Pulls- non-PP letter debate

Hi All,

On my TU CR I have 2 hard pulls from NCO- a debt collection company,  from6/30/2007 and 11/4/2006... I know I did not authorize this, and my understanding is that all hard pulls have to be initiated by you. I tried to send a letter to TU saying I did not authorize this but they said that they were reporting correctly (boo to them!) The next step is to send a Non-PP letter to the OC who did the pull, that would be NCO.

Here is my delema, I have managed to successfully get the 2 NCO collections off all of my reports, via other methods than PFD or GW. I am worried that if I send a non-pp letter to NCO that they will add my collections back to my reports. Is this a valid fear?

Also, from a quick non-pp letter search NCO usually sends back a nasty gram basically saying we have the right to pull your credit when we purchase a debt from an OC and the refuse to remove it... so i feel that sending it would be almost pointless.

Is it worth the risk?

Opinions are welcome!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCO- Hard Pulls- non-PP letter debate

The dates mentioned are before the 9th circuit court decision.

I say forget about those old INQ's-  they are no longer going to be factored into scoring as of the 30th of June.

bridgetkaryn wrote:
Hi All,

On my TU CR I have 2 hard pulls from NCO- a debt collection company,  from6/30/2007 and 11/4/2006... I know I did not authorize this, and my understanding is that all hard pulls have to be initiated by you. I tried to send a letter to TU saying I did not authorize this but they said that they were reporting correctly (boo to them!) The next step is to send a Non-PP letter to the OC who did the pull, that would be NCO.

Here is my delema, I have managed to successfully get the 2 NCO collections off all of my reports, via other methods than PFD or GW. I am worried that if I send a non-pp letter to NCO that they will add my collections back to my reports. Is this a valid fear?

Also, from a quick non-pp letter search NCO usually sends back a nasty gram basically saying we have the right to pull your credit when we purchase a debt from an OC and the refuse to remove it... so i feel that sending it would be almost pointless.

Is it worth the risk?

Opinions are welcome!

Message 2 of 6
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

I love me some 9th circuit court decisions, and generally keep up on them all, but what was this one???
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
marcuscan
Valued Member

Timothy wrote:

I say forget about those old INQ's-  they are no longer going to be factored into scoring as of the 30th of June.

I thought Hard Pulls stayed relevant for 2 years.  Am I wrong on this?

Not that I know a whole lot......just a newbie here.

mc

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- they stay on for 2 years
But only count in scoring for 1 year.

marcuscan wrote:

Timothy wrote:

I thought Hard Pulls stayed relevant for 2 years.  Am I wrong on this?

Not that I know a whole lot......just a newbie here.

mc

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pintos-

PINTOS V PACIFIC CREDITORS - US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit - September 21, 2007, Federal Circuits, Docket 04-17485

I won't go into detail as it seems to start debates.

bridgetkaryn wrote:
I love me some 9th circuit court decisions, and generally keep up on them all, but what was this one???

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.