Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO

tag
Rein
Regular Contributor

NCO

Hello! Has anyone had any luck with NCO Financial? I Sent out a GW letter to them about 2 weeks. Not sure if I should wait several more weeks or just send out another GW letter to them. Thx!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MikeC80
Valued Member

Re: NCO

NCO will fall off easily from a simple online dispute. I would then pay the original creditor.

Let them eat cake.
Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Since the OP was asking about a GW, I presume the debt has been paid, so I dont see an issue of dispute.

Filing a dispute requires some documentation of an inaccuracy in reporting on their part, and if done frivolously, might harden their willingness to grant any good will.

I would seek out the name of a higher management official who has the authority to grant exceptions to their normal "dont delete" policy.  I would not begin a game of hard-ball.

Message 3 of 9
Rein
Regular Contributor

Thanks.. It is paid. I will continue sending out GW letters. 

Message 4 of 9
MikeC80
Valued Member

@RobertEG wrote:

Filing a dispute requires some documentation of an inaccuracy in reporting on their part, and if done frivolously, might harden their willingness to grant any good will.

With all due respect, filing an online dispute does not require any type of documentation. All you would have to dispute it under would be that you are no longer liable for the account. With NCO in particular, the account will be deleted from all three bureaus within 7 business days, most likely sooner.
Let them eat cake.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed online and it was removed! If I were you I would do the same. 

Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Disputes are only for inaccurate information on your CR.  Just because it is there, doesn't mean it's inaccurate.  Perhaps a GW sent to NCO would be your best bet.  And I love cake.  lol

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
sphinx313
Established Contributor

I had to deal with NCO back in 2007. Oh what a headache. I am glad none of my other accounts went to them as far as reporting goes. The last time I dealt with them they were pretty friendly but that's neither here nor there.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
dheather00
Valued Member

Did you ever get a response?  I am getting ready to contact them for one mine, I am hoping to PFD.  Any advice?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.