Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED ADVICE PLEASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections

What did they send you when they said it was verified? Just a billing statement? If so, pull a section 609 game with them over it demanding a signature agreement that you did infact, or didn't sign for it.
Message 11 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
What did they send you when they said it was verified? Just a billing statement? If so, pull a section 609 game with them over it demanding a signature agreement that you did infact, or didn't sign for it.

We need to find out if the accounts are accurate first...........................................................................

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Whos the collection agency for one. You can pay the hospital and have them recall the collections. Google the HIPPA process to have it removed, But we cant dicuss it here.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that, I didn't realize it was different for medical bills. Please excuse my ignorance.

Thank you for correcting me as well, I appreciate it a lot! :]
Message 14 of 21
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What leads you to believe that the CRAs are required to provide a copy of a signed agreement in response to a 609 letter (file disclosure)?

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collections isn't accurate. What's the beat way about getting rid of it?
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is inaccurate about it? If it’s flat out not your debt, that’s one thing with one resolution. If it’s yours but the amount is incorrect, that’s different.
Message 17 of 21
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@OP

Your BEST course of action would be to send a DV(Debt Validation) letter to the CA(Collection Agency) CMRRR(Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.) When you receive your hard green copy back in the mail you’ll know they have received and signed for it. Keep that as a record along with a copy of your letter. Hopefully, they will reply with proper validation(?)
You can also contact the hospital/Dr office and speak to the department that handles their collections and find out whether the information is accurate or even yours(?) or not(?)
I would not initiate ANY disputes...that just prolongs the process.

DV the CA!

Or

CALL the Hospital/Dr Office!

...two BEST routes for results, IMOE.

Good luck

I❤️NY

edited for corrections

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 18 of 21
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

@Brooklyn2018 wrote:
@OP

Your BEST course of action would be to send a DV(Debt Validation) letter to the CA(Collection Agency) CMRRR(Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.) When you receive your hard green copy back in the mail you’ll know they have received and signed for it. Keep that as a record along with a copy of your letter. Hopefully, they will reply with proper validation(?)
You can also contact the hospital/Dr office and speak to the department that handles their collections and find out whether the information is accurate or even yours(?) or not(?)
I would not initiate ANY disputes...that just prolongs the process.

DV them!

Or

CALL them!

...two BEST routes for results, IMEO!

Good luck

I❤️NY

The OP did not indicate if the information in his credit report was provided by the original creditor or a collection agency.   Validation rights fall under the FDCPA, and that Act only applies to debt collectors.

In the event the debt is being reported by a debt collector, his right to demand validation has not yet been triggered.  The right to demand validation is triggered only after receiving an initial communication communication and the 30-day validation notice.   

Finding a negative tradeline on a credit report is not considered an initial communication.  He can request validation, but the debt collector will not be required to respond and can continue collection efforts along with reporting.

Message 19 of 21
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Well, if you read my reply correctly....you will have noticed that I mentioned DV the CA and to Call Hospital/Dr office. There is NO MENTION of sending the OC a DV.

and from all the posts I’ve read and IMOE...9 times out of 10 medical collections have made their entry onto a credit report by way of CA.

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.