cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED Collection advice. What's my best move?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED Collection advice. What's my best move?

So after fighting all year long and finally removing over 12 collections .. I finally got to zero and then on Sept 8 a new one popped up!!! WTH.. I'm not going down without a fight though.

I was able to make payment directly to the hospital. Yay. So I then contacted the collection agency MiraMed to inform them and ask about removal and was told it would simply be marked as a paid collection. Yeah whatever buddy...

Technically, since it's been paid directly to the hospital isn't it now reporting incorrectly by TransUnion?? I can dispute this directly with TỬ for removal, right? What should I do?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: NEED Collection advice. What's my best move?

Unfortunately, since the CA still had collection authority when you paid the hospital all the CA is required to do is report the collection as paid so yes it's reporting correctly. Disputing it will not get it removed. All you can do at this point is send the CA GW letters asking them to remove the account.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow... Well thats a major bummer. 😕
Guess I should get my Goodwill letters ready
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emailed a GW letter to the EO of MiraMed
Voila it's gone. They deleted it from TỬ
Total turnaround time from the initial appearance on my credit report to deletion was less than 20 days.
Feeling super blessed at the moment!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.