Did you mean: 

NEWBIE! OMG Questions!

tag
Harmony12
Frequent Contributor

Re: NEWBIE! OMG Questions!

OP,

Welcome!

Do not get the OpenSky Card. You have a very high TU score with no baddies. Do a search on here for credit cards that only pull TU. This will get you a revolver from a reputable company without having to put a deposit down and without crazy fees.

Also, check with your local CU and get a credit builder loan. CU will normally offer these without any fees. My local CU did so without a credit check and no interest but reported to all 3 CRA as an installment loan.
Starting CK FAKOS 6/28/2018
TU 503
EQ 498
Discover EX 537

FICO 8
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 557 701
TU 566 715
EX 514 711

Mortgage Scores FICO 5,4,2
7/7/18 05/24/21
EQ 494 685
TU 480 703
EX 479 693

Goal Score 720
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are so great!

I feel so down, AMEX AU addition is 'pending'. I'm not sure what this means but I feel so sad. It's ok. I will do a search and see like Harmony above said apply for a card that only pulls TU score! That's a great idea. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do know that the negative reports on your credit fall off after 7 years. What I learned is it is 7yesrs after the first negative report. I thought it was from the last payment. Nope. So depending on the timing of things you paid off, you could get it removed for good. I also learned that once it’s paid off, they tend to not respond to the disputes and the CB will remove after so many days. It’s a simple letter and worth the time to try. You’re on the right path....from personal experience....once you start...it only gets better!
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Was just added to my wife’s acct as an AU did you have to give them your social? How long did it take for them to report?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did have to give them my social. Which card were you added to?

BofA I think took almost 2 months, so much so that I gave it up thinking it won't report at all! But it did. And Amex was ery fast. a few weeks, not more than 3 weeks. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.