Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Nightmare

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Nightmare

@llecs wrote:

When you are calling them back what exactly are the supervisors saying?

They transfer me to the person who called me to tell me my account has been frozen. I get their voice mail and leave another message. I am told they are the only person who can access my account.

I asked them today if they would transfer money from my chekcing to my credit card while this is going on so I do not get a late payment and they told me they cannot access my account either right now and are unable to do anything. I'm not going to be happy if this causes more late payments. Over 3 weeks now, and they will not ever return my phone calls.

Message 41 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

NFCU still has not responded to me. However, when I log into my account, one of my credit cards no longer shows up and my credit report shows that one of my NFCU credit cards has been closed. I still have no access to my accounts other than one place online where I can see balances. The other accounts still show up, just one removed. Not sure what they are planning to do, but the lack of communication and length of time they are taking is crazy.

Message 42 of 48
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Can I ask why you haven't driven to a branch? Have you sent secured messages? Have you sent e-mails, and CC'd every single NFCU contact that you could find?

Have you contacted BBB or Consumer Affairs?

I just feel, if the same thing happened to me..I'd be more adamant, and filing complaints with companies that probably had no lee-way with NFCU...I file a complaint with the FTC, CA, BBB, National Credit Union Association, Federal Reserves, OCC, Attorney General, my local Senator, I'd even send a letter to my local Channel news...

Well, that's just me...you just seem....flippant...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 43 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Can I ask why you haven't driven to a branch? Have you sent secured messages? Have you sent e-mails, and CC'd every single NFCU contact that you could find?

I just feel, if the same thing happened to me..I'd be more adamant, and filing complaints with companies that probably had no lee-way with NFCU...I file a complaint with the FTC, CA, BBB, National Credit Union Association, Federal Reserves, OCC, Attorney General, my local Senator, I'd even send a letter to my local Channel news...

I did really enjoy the short period of time that I had my NFCU accounts. I with thrilled with many of their services and didn't want to rock the boat too much so I took the approach at first that I should be kind as possible and not make too much stink. However, as time has gone on, I am caring less about keeping a good relationship with NFCU and more about getting my money back. So, as time has passed, my attempts to resolve the issue have increased. I have tried to contact the president of the credit union. I have emailed all the contacts I could find. I have sent faxes and left voice mails. I have called and called. I have sent several secure messages using their website. Lately, I have been simply adding another secure message that says something like "yet another day has passed and you are still ignoring me."

If this isn't resolved very soon, I will have to move on to outside organizations as you have listed. I have not yet done that because my response has been tempered with the hope of restoring a positive relationship with NFCU.

Message 44 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

I assume I have certain rights to access my checking and savings accounts. However, my fight to reclaim access to them has been tempered with the thought that the $17,500 in unsecured revolving credit NFCU has extended to me can be closed by NFCU at their discretion at any time. I have no became a jerk to them because I think it would be quite bad for my credit to have these revolving accounts closed up by them. I really want them open and I'd like to access them ... most of all, I hate to see my utilization skyrocket and have my number of revolving accounts drop and have the higher limits accounts be closed perhaps making it harder to get replacement higher limit cards.

Anyhow, those are the reasons I have not gone ballistic. 

Message 45 of 48
indecison
Regular Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved?

Message 46 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@indecison wrote:

Did you ever get this resolved?

Two weeks ago they told me they would close all my accounts and FedEx me a check as soon as possible. That has not happened yet and they have not responded to my many messages since them. Yesterday I opened a complaint with the National Credit Union Administration. I've opened accounts with my local credit union to replace the Navy accounts.

Message 47 of 48
indecison
Regular Contributor

Wow that sucks man. I had been reading the story and was curious so thanks for updating. I hope you get your money soon!

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.