Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU. SSL RANT.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU. SSL RANT.

So what is the reason for doing  this SSL THING if NFCU is going to report it as secured and no credit  limit for the account.. just the balance of $248 but no $3150...what a waste of

16 REPLIES 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU. SSL RANT.

@Anonymous wrote:

So what is the reason for doing  this SSL THING if NFCU is going to report it as secured and no credit  limit for the account.. just the balance of $248 but no $3150...what a waste of

Which CMS Credit Monitoring Service are you using?

The SSL is an installment loan and should show original loan amount and current balance.

What were your expectations?

Message 2 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 

The reason one gets a SSL is to add an installment loan when one doesn't have any reporting .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The SSL is an installment loan and should show original loan amount and current balance.

It reported to my transunion as a secured loan , open date 4/5/2021,

remaining balance $248,

credit limit $0.00 ...no original balance 

I have no other loans or installments reporting.. 

Message 4 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

remaining balance $248,

One of the S in SSL is for Secured. For scoring purposes, secured or not, account type is not a scoring factor.

What is the important factor is the score boost for having an open and optimized installment loan.

I don't use the TransUnion portal so I don't know how it reports. All my CMS reports the SSL properly.

Did you see a score gain when the optimized SSL reported?

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

remaining balance $248,

One of the S in SSL is for Secured. For scoring purposes, secured or not, account type is not a scoring factor.

What is the important factor is the score boost for having an open and optimized installment loan.

I don't use the TransUnion portal so I don't know how it reports. All my CMS reports the SSL properly.

Did you see a score gain when the optimized SSL reported?

No I lost points..

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry but this isn't correct. So my SSL I opened 4-16 just reported to TU. I pulled MyFICO TU report. It shows that it's a secured loan, largest balance($3,100), installment acct, individual acct, scheduled payment amount, shows current balance of $275 and shows current. I also got a real nice bump on my FICO 8 & 9 scores. 
On the TU app is shows the term of the loan, 60 months. I also lost 9 points on the vantage score, lol. 
Which site/app are you using to see the info?

edit: even via the TU app, it shows $3,100 as highest balance. And who cares about vantage scores. The FICO points were totally worth it for me. 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

And with NFCU it is a Shared savings loan..the loan rep at NFCU  even said that it is like a secured CC and shouldn't be reported as secured. And wants me to dispute it with TU...BUT it was reported to TU as secured

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I first saw it as an alert from fico then after talking to NFCU I looked on TU

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20210503-155529.png

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.