cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Success!!!!

tag
guyatlantic

NFCU Success!!!!

First off, I have been a board troll for  while now. This website has been an abundance of information along my journey to rebuilding.

So Ive been gardening( this is one of the many things ive learned from yall, LOL) for a bit now. Ive read through posts from credit cards , to auto loans.

Ive been on the fence about secured cards, so I researched easily obtainable cards for my AO, credit wise. My first "failsafe" was walmart, I read of all the success with Walmart and low end scores, so I said what the hay ill try it since i havnt had a credit card in years. Well I got the dreaded 7-10 day message. Called and was denied sadly, I was honestly worried lol.

So I was reading the boards again tonight, and stumbled upon a NFCU post about success. I was a little worried about taking another hit. Being as I am Military, I figured maybe I have a chance. Well I sign up for their savings, enrolled in an account and instantly applied for  their cashRewards VISA, I got to the submit button, and pondered for a couple of minutes. Well I pressed the button, closed my eyes(lol), opened my eyes and saw, Congratulations, Based on your credit worthiness, You have been approved for a cash rewards Visa with a credit Limit of $8,000. Im so pumped right now. Honestly Im sitting by my computer waiting on an email saying there was an error with your application and we regret to inform you, that you have been denied. LOL This is a great day so far!

I just want to thank each of you on the website for the wealth of knowledge, I wil continue to be a troll(lol) but I will try to chime in when i can. Thanks again! 

Starting Score: 541
Current Score: 611 FICO
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Success!!!!

LOL!

That was no error. Congrats!!

Treat them well and they will do the same.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Yay!!!!!! That  is exactly how I felt when I was approved, I saw the CC listed on the online account info, I think it will be real after I actually have the card in my hand. I heard great things about them. Keep up the good work and don't forge to pay it forward. I was approved on 11/7 and I have told at least 5 people to try them out...one was approved yesterday checking, savings, cashrewards Visa 10k CL, and is refinancing his car this week!!!! wow. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Love, love, love NFCU! Treat them well and they will return the favor! Great work and congrats!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 6
starry1
Valued Contributor

You're not a troll, you're a lurker!  Congrats on the NFCU love, they are a great institution.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

You're not a troll, you're a lurker!  Congrats on the NFCU love, they are a great institution.

Haha, what I was thinking.. Kind of a bad confusion of terms Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.