Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU after IIB Chapter 13

tag
jdmc1973
Established Member

NFCU after IIB Chapter 13

So, my bankruptcy ended month before last, rebuilding, Cap 1, Kohl's and a few larger limit Comenity cards later I thought let me see if NFCU will approve me for a low limit card to start with since I was with them before and been a member since 2008.  Now, I did include them in my Ch 13, but they were paid back at 100%, a little over $33,000.  I apply and get a "do not meet lending criteria" decline.  OK, let me message them and see exactly why the decline.  The message I receive back says they have a loss due to me and the bankruptcy and until that's paid they can't extend credit.  

Am I missing something here?  There should be no loss on their part, they got all their money back...A LOT of money, in a much shorter time frame than a normal Ch 13.  

Does anyone know what NFCU may think they are owed?  I called but that dept only works M-F.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU after IIB Chapter 13

When you File Bankruptcy a FLAG is placed on your internal bank record... this flag marks your account as such and prevents them from violating the automatic stay and you from obtaining credit.    They assume they WILL NOT be repaid 100%.   The only way to have this removed is to speak with that department.

Message 2 of 3
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU after IIB Chapter 13

It can be done, you may have to wait some time but you can re-establish.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.