Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - loan/repo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - loan/repo

So when I was in my early 20s I was really stupid. I had good credit, no late payments, owed nothing and I got a used loan with them for a boyfriend who had 2 repos and horrible credit. He convinced me if i got a loan in my name he would make the payments and it would help me better my credit even more and then I could eventually get a car I wanted. Idk why I did it but I did. He never made the payments. He lied to me, used me, and when I finally broke up with him and left him he refused to give the bike back. My credit score dropped from the 700s to the 300s and he still refused to give me back the bike. I called the police and they said there was nothing they could do cause he didnt steal it and i had to take him to court cause it was a civil matter. Fast forward nearly 4 years and it's still affecting my credit. It's now in the high 500s/ low 600s and NFCU has called me nearly everyday trying to settle this debt. I tried to do a voluntary repo and it took then nearly 2 years before they sent it to collections. I have a credit card with them in good standing , never late but they wont let me open up a checking account until I pay them back in full (15k)

I just wonder I'd theres anything I can do to fix this? I feel like an idiot, for trusting him, he wont give me any money and the bike eventually got taken cause he let a friend borrow it and they took it on a high speed chase against the police and his friend got arrested and the bike got impounded cause it had expired tags. I'm trying so hard to rebuild my credit. I was debt free at 23 when I got this and now I'm almost 27 and my credit is so bad and noone will trust me with credit. Any advice? How do i fix this? I also have a 1.8k verizon bill that went to collections cause he ran up the phone bill (this was before they offered unlimited data) and never returned the iphone he had. I plan on eventually just paying that back but I know theres no way to pay back the 15k. I'm a single mom and I hate that I allowed this dude to ruin my credit.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU - loan/repo

Sorry this happened to you. We see it here constantly. Co-Signers always get the shaft. The red flags were there with 2 reops. But love is blind they say. Not much you can do but work out settlement payments. Did the creditor repo the bike from impound?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.