Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU removed the whole TL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU removed the whole TL?

I have two 10k limit credit cards with NFCU. Both have balances of around 8k. They were closed (not charged off) as part of an agreement to lower the interest. Each TL had a series of late payments from 2017.

I sent several GW emails to try and get the lates removed. I’ve received 2 “no sorry” emails, but just now I got an alert from credit sesame saying my NFCU card with late payments has been removed from my report. I’m waiting for my Credit Karma update on Monday to get a better idea of what they did. Do you think they removed the payments or the whole TL? I couldn’t imagine they would remove a TL that still has a balance. And would they only do so with one of the accounts not both? I’m baffled.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU removed the whole TL?

Correction- it was an alert from WalletHub not credit sesame.
Message 2 of 7
DapprD
Regular Contributor

WalletHub is a very weird app.  I have gotten notifications of things that happened, that never actually happened.

I wouldn't rely on wallethub's notifications, it's not a good indicator.

Wait for your CreditKarma to update and see whats going on.

Starting Score: 567
Current Score: 739
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

WalletHub will trigger notifications when something disappears from TransUnion even if it is during routine maintenance. I woke up one morning to a notification that my bankruptcy had fallen. Needless to say I got on the app and it was there. 

They seem to get a constant stream of data that’s on your TransUnion report. I disputed some names that were totally messed up and I get notifications every time they get removed and re-added too. 

Message 4 of 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@cali_alli,

I had a PLOC with them that got converted to a regular loan and the PLOC was closed leaving 2 TLs. Out of the blue, about 2 mos later, the new loan was removed and still isn’t in my report. Bad thing is that the PLOC had a few lates so it would have been nice to get that one removed.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Credit Karma updated for TU today and it looks like they did, in fact, remove the tradeline. Even though it still has an $8k balance! I’m not entirely sure what to think of this.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked on Experian and BOTH closed accounts are gone. I’m in shock.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.