Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU secured card deposits

tag
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU secured card deposits

It may have been a different story because it was done in person and not online.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 11 of 17
bandlp08
New Contributor

Im not trying to spread false information at all. When I get home from work I will look for where I found it. I really hope your friends way is the true way as I dont want any extra HPs. I remember reading online with a credit increase application you get a HP.  Maybe I read it wrong but thats what got me to reach out to them. I do know that when I was in the branch last week I asked could I increase the limit at a later date they told me yes I would just have to apply to increase it. I didnt think she really meant "APPLY" as in HP. She said it was increased with $50 increments like you stated. So at least we got that part right...

Message 12 of 17
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

I recently started a secured CC w/ NFCU for $500. Should I be trying to to get more into savings and increasing the CL before graduation in hopes of a larger unsecured limit when the card graduates?

OP seems to think/know that this will help get them a larger unsecured limit at graduation, is that legit?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Twitchrdrm wrote:

I recently started a secured CC w/ NFCU for $500. Should I be trying to to get more into savings and increasing the CL before graduation in hopes of a larger unsecured limit when the card graduates?

OP seems to think/know that this will help get them a larger unsecured limit at graduation, is that legit?

Yes.. or at least this is how it was explained to me. When it graduates they return your deposit to your savings account and the card becomes unsecured with the same limit as you had (or possibly with a CLI, idk if they do them at the same time or not). 

Message 14 of 17
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

NFCU is awesome. The secured card is just to build credit and relationship with a bank or CU. IMHO, you just need enough on the card to keep your utilization under 10%. Navy will graduate your card around 8 months with a decent increase. At 91/3 apply for their unsecured card or when you are 12 months post discharged and they will give you the brinks trucks.

Navy really cares about relationship and they have their own internal scoring model, so if you put the extra money into savings or checking, they factor that when giving out credit products.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe when the card graduates the limit will be at minimum $2000 or more.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

More than 6 is too many on each CR!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.