Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO GW from BOA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO GW from BOA

Recieved a big fat NO from BOA on removing 2 30 days from 06.  I was told that they have to report if someone is late, they dont want to --they have to.  Then went on to say that it would be falseifying legal records when they do so.  So how are your getting these done?

Im not off to a good start Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NO GW from BOA

I recently got a GW from BoA on a mortgage that was 30-days late. They looked over my account and granted it. It has already been removed from all 3 CRA's..

I don't know your situation, but here was mine. I have had a BoA home loan for 16 years and have only been late the one time. I called them before it was going to be late and explained the reason. There were notes on my account stating that I had called before it was late. I also made payment at the 45 day late mark. I am not sure if calling before it was late and/or making the payment shortly after it went 30 days helped me, but I am sure it did not hurt...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Huh? Lates stay for 7 yrs. Unless you meant 2016. File disputes.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You generally wouldn't get derogatories removed from your credit report after just one attempt....usually you will need multiple attempts with goodwill letters targeting different people at the bank.  In your case, the initial denial should have provided you with the name of an individual who you can now target with a personal letter.

Are the late payments being correctly reported on your credit report(s)?  It is never a good idea to dispute accurately reported items; in most cases it will only cause the creditor to deny you any possible goodwill adjustment.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA has been a tough cookie to crack. I have 3 late payments with them and I have been trying goodwill for a year now. I might have sent over 100 letters so far, without any success. 

I have had success with CapOne, so I am hoping sooner or later BofA will accept my goodwill too. It's all about reaching the right person.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently got a GW from BoA on a mortgage that was 30-days late. They looked over my account and granted it. It has already been removed from all 3 CRA's..

I don't know your situation, but here was mine. I have had a BoA home loan for 16 years and have only been late the one time. I called them before it was going to be late and explained the reason. There were notes on my account stating that I had called before it was late. I also made payment at the 45 day late mark. I am not sure if calling before it was late and/or making the payment shortly after it went 30 days helped me, but I am sure it did not hurt...

Good luck!

Do you mind sharing the address, phone or email that you used? Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mind sharing how you did Cap 1? I have one late payment on one card and dont know where to start to askfor GW

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering the original posts were from close to 10 years ago, I doubt those users are still around.  And even if they are, the cahnces are high that the CSR from BOA no longer works there.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.