Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO-Show Fee at Dr's Office !!! Help

tag
Wanka77
New Contributor

NO-Show Fee at Dr's Office !!! Help

Bare with me, since this is my 1st time posting in this forum.    I just received a copy of my credit scores EQ 669 (My fico), EX 660, TU 735 ...  I currently have 4 student loans on my credit which it carries a remaining balance of over $7K.  However, I just find out that a Collections account reflects on my credit from 1 1/2 yrs ago from my former Doctor and when I called today to get more info, the Office Manager stated that it was because of a No-Show fee of $25 which ended-up in collections.  Any of you guys will be able to asssit me on how to get rid of this delinquency on my report and how many points has this affected me?  Also, I just applied for 2 CapOne ccds w/ $500 CL each and a Bank of Omaha CC w/ a $1K CL. 

Starting Score:EX-639, TU-632 641-EQ(MyFico)
Current Score:EX-737(PLUS), TU-784(MyFico)750 (Walmrt) 719-EQ(Myfico),
Goal Score: 750-Across

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: NO-Show Fee at Dr's Office !!! Help

Go to Rebuilding Your Credit - that is where you will find help for this problem. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Message 2 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Wanka77 wrote:

Bare with me, since this is my 1st time posting in this forum.    I just received a copy of my credit scores EQ 669 (My fico), EX 660, TU 735 ...  I currently have 4 student loans on my credit which it carries a remaining balance of over $7K.  However, I just find out that a Collections account reflects on my credit from 1 1/2 yrs ago from my former Doctor and when I called today to get more info, the Office Manager stated that it was because of a No-Show fee of $25 which ended-up in collections.  Any of you guys will be able to asssit me on how to get rid of this delinquency on my report and how many points has this affected me?  Also, I just applied for 2 CapOne ccds w/ $500 CL each and a Bank of Omaha CC w/ a $1K CL. 

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you asked the Dr's office if they can pull back the collection for PIF??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 11
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Try and talk to the Doctor who placed it in collections. Worked for me once, after it was paid in full.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 4 of 11
Wanka77
New Contributor

I managed to talk to the Office manager, she stated that she will contact the Dr in reference to my problem but wasn't sure since it was reported to my crdt about 1 1/2yrs ago. 

Starting Score:EX-639, TU-632 641-EQ(MyFico)
Current Score:EX-737(PLUS), TU-784(MyFico)750 (Walmrt) 719-EQ(Myfico),
Goal Score: 750-Across

Message 5 of 11
mebeses15
Established Member

Depending on what state you live in, a No-show fee from a doctor's office is not legally collectable. I'd do some research first to find out if the fee even is legallly collectable.

Starting 5/2012: Fico 582, Fako (Credit Karma) 554
Filed BK7 12/15/2012,
/19/2013 Fico 659, Transunion 651
5/242013 Fico 659 Transunion 685 Experian 668
In the garden now!!
Message 6 of 11
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Is the collection agency collecting for the Doctors office or do they outright own the debt? If they are collecting for the doctors office you could always ask that doctors office take the debt back and you could pay them. Just make sure they would agree to have the CA to delete the negative. If the CA owns it  did you ever receive a dunning letter from the collection agency on the debt?  I would send a debt validation letter to the CA. You can find examples on this site.

Another option is you could always send a PFD " Pay for Delete" letter to the CA and hopefully they would accept and you could get it removed that way.

If this is your only negative on your report, I would expect with the recent age of the collection it could be hurting your score a lot.

Message 7 of 11
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Um, personally I would flame the **bleep** out of that doctor in any local forum and on facebook and google reviews.  Literally anywhere I could.  What kind of douchebaggery does it take to send someone to collections for $25 for a no show fee.  WOW.  Seriously, start the war against this guy and I think you will get a response from them to act quickly.  This is the kind of thing I imagine would show up on the local news about some **bleep** doctor ruining someones life because they couldn't buy a house now or something.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 8 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Did you get any bills for this no show fee before it went to collections?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpfirestone wrote:

Um, personally I would flame the **bleep** out of that doctor in any local forum and on facebook and google reviews.  Literally anywhere I could.  What kind of douchebaggery does it take to send someone to collections for $25 for a no show fee.  WOW.  Seriously, start the war against this guy and I think you will get a response from them to act quickly.  This is the kind of thing I imagine would show up on the local news about some **bleep** doctor ruining someones life because they couldn't buy a house now or something.

Really? Its a legitmate bill, if you don't pay it, they report you. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.