Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO response to a CMRRR PFD. What Now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO response to a CMRRR PFD. What Now?

HI all-

I sent 3 pfd's more than 30 days ago.  I received an affirmative answer to one and I have heard nothing from the other two.  I have my green cards showing that the date is more than 30 days ago. 

Can I now aske the credit bureaus to delete the two that have given me no response??  I'm not sure of my next step and would appreciate any suggestions.

Additionally,  the one affirmative I received said that they would "per my request", "request" that the information be deleted.  I was very suspect of the wording, but decided to go with it because it was in writing.  Should I have known better?

Lastly, the above affirmative response enclosed a postage paid envelope.   When I went to the post office to mail it, the clerk at the counter said I could not do it certified, or even a delivery receipt.  She pulled up the addres and indicated that, "There could be no service associated with this prepaid postage envelope.  Is this just another trick to ensure that there is ability to track whether they got it or not?

Thanks for any observations.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
greekjim
Contributor

Re: NO response to a CMRRR PFD. What Now?

I dont think they have to delete something cause they didnt respond to your PFD
EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's not the PFD that's supposed to go CMRRR, I'm pretty sure those are supposed to go regular mail.

The full media DV should go CMRRR and then, if no response within allotted time (45 days if using report from credit monitoring such as CCT, 30 if report directly from bureau), then dispute with CRAs, based on no response to full media DV.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I'm pretty sure that's a USPS policy because the post-paid envelope is paid-for by the company and they are giving special bulk-mail rates.  They were, quite possibly, just trying to be courteous and glad to be receiving the payment without any further adieu.  They may also have a different address where payments are processed.

The best way to circumvent this, if it is, in fact, a ploy to avoid tracking is to simply copy the address on that post-paid envelope to your regular envelope & send it CMRRR.  You could even send back their prepaid envelope as a courteous gesture, letting them know in your letter that you would rather send it back than throw it away and you've been advised to send all payments using a trackable method.

Lastly, the above affirmative response enclosed a postage paid envelope.   When I went to the post office to mail it, the clerk at the counter said I could not do it certified, or even a delivery receipt.  She pulled up the addres and indicated that, "There could be no service associated with this prepaid postage envelope.  Is this just another trick to ensure that there is ability to track whether they got it or not?

Thanks for any observations.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.