Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY Purge Law Success and TU EE Success and question about Dofd

tag
Santaclausthereal
Contributor

NY Purge Law Success and TU EE Success and question about Dofd

Hey so far this month i was able to get my discover account removed from transunion due to ee 6 months away from dofd and then i changed the address on my credit reports to a new york address to take advantage of ny purge law then settled the other 3 negative chargeoff on my tu report once the charge off reported settled transuion removed all 3 now my transunion is free of all negative information now its just time to age my tu profile and current accounts. Also experian removed one of the settled accounts and the other one shows a different dofd on experian then it did on tu so one is still stuck there and wont get removed until february does anyone know a way to challenge dofd if it shows different on different burearu and the same with my discover account on equifax and tu it was showing dofd in 2016 but for experian it shows 2017 so it will be on experian till 2024??

Screenshot 2022-11-01 073340.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: NY Purge Law Success and TU EE Success and question about Dofd

Break it down. So 1 account has different DoFD's on each CRA? Look at ACR. A CO is sent when it occured. 4 month difference is strange.

Message 2 of 4
Santaclausthereal
Contributor

so here were the original dofd for each burearu

Experian Credit Report.
delta community cu credit card falls of 01/2025
discover falls of 04/2024
delta cu falls of 10/23 for original balance $6496

transunion -
delta cu credit card 2906 12/23 earliest 05/23
delta cu car loan 6504 11/23 earliest 05/23
delta cu 2337 11/2024 earliest 05/24

discover fall off 05/23

equifax
discover account removal 06/23

Message 3 of 4
Santaclausthereal
Contributor

everything was cleared off transunion due to ny purge law and early exclusion...equifax wont budge on the discover acccount and they have it set to fall of on 06/23 but as you can see experian has it on till  2024 i can settle it to have it removed from experian early under ny purge law but i would prefer it showed what the other burearu dofd is ... also the delta account on experian one has a dofd in 2025 while on transunion it was 2023 hence why it got removed due to ny 5 year law and setttling also one of the delta was removed from experian cause it was falloff date of 2023 but for some reason the other delta has a fallof date of 2025 but showing 2023 on transunion

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.