Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasty Creditor Calling my family members

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nasty Creditor Calling my family members

You are just pushing those boundaries!  Smiley Wink

ETA: I can't believe it! I used a latin word (though it's slang usage is nothing to sneer at in terms of offensiveness) and it got bleeped!!

You should know durn well you can't use that word!! LOL

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I don't feel so bad now. I didn't think anyone would know what the HECK I wrote that got beeped!! Just wasn't sure if my hint was good enough.

You should hear the "hint" I almost used. Smiley Very Happy
*giggle*

But since most of the Mods here are male, I just didn't want to do that to'em. Too delicate for a man's sensibilities!! Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You are just pushing those boundaries!  Smiley Wink

ETA: I can't believe it! I used a latin word (though it's slang usage is nothing to sneer at in terms of offensiveness) and it got bleeped!!

You should know durn well you can't use that word!! LOL

Wait just a cotton-picking minute now. Sooooo not fair!! What if I came to my dear FICO forums, all excited over my latest accomplishment (I wish!) and wanted ... no, was DYING to tell everyone that I was Magna **bleep** Laude at my college graduation this year.

Well, I couldn't now, could I?! So not fair!! Now I will NEVER get my degree, since I would not be able to share the news with my dear FICO Family!!! Smiley Sad

*just giving a hint to those who might still think I have a horrible potty mouth*

DISCLAIMER: No Mods were harmed during the posting of this message.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about this:

~~Wonderin'... super-duper-smarty-pants at the big college.

No Latin, no foul.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How about this:

~~Wonderin'... super-duper-smarty-pants at the big college.

No Latin, no foul.

Oh. Are you sure that's what I meant? *giggle*

(Sorry ... again, it's the brain's reaction to COLD temps!!)

Anywho, I couldn't say that. We all know that!!!
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled my credit report to find out who had done that nasty 30-pt-drop-hard inquiry on my report a couple of months ago and guess who it was--consumer recovery associates.  Will be sending some letters today.  Have to find out if they are able to collect in TX.  I am glad, too, because I have found a way to create some sort of conversation with my family.  Oh well, life works in mysterious ways sometimes.
Message 16 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

Per Dave Ramsey, have the family members get an airhorn and when the call again inform the CSR that they are treating this call as an obscene phone call and give them a few blasts with the horn.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 17 of 20
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I pulled my credit report to find out who had done that nasty 30-pt-drop-hard inquiry on my report a couple of months ago and guess who it was--consumer recovery associates.  Will be sending some letters today.  Have to find out if they are able to collect in TX.  I am glad, too, because I have found a way to create some sort of conversation with my family.  Oh well, life works in mysterious ways sometimes.

Say it isn't so! Based on my experience you will get no response at all from those guys. They are zombie debt collectors - and I believe that Portfolio Recovery Associates sells them debts they know they (PRA) can't collect - their offices are about 10 miles apart in Virginia Beach. 

I have a file on them that I copied off and sent to my Department of Financial Institutions in AZ for illegal collection activities. As of yesterday, it's "open and active" with the DFI. With AZ it seems that it takes about five to six months from the initial complaint to the C&D order entered against the company - often to the tune of $10,000 in fines against the CA.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, now that you have an idea who it is, can you remember WHAT its for? And how old the debt might be (meaning, OUT of SoL??)??

Also, what state are you in? I'm asking so we know whether or not (if it's near SoL, not past) payment resets or tolls the SoL. My thinking is that you want them, if payment does reset SoL (since you might have a hard time proving that, if Gramma makes a payment "to keep you out of jail," that she did NOT act as an agent on your behalf.

Please get back to us with the info. We REALLY want you to spank these jerks and then some!! Smiley Mad
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I have already said all of this, but the debt is out of sol. It has to be one of the debts that has fallen off of my credit report, because I literally have no more baddies on my credit report--they have all fallen off.  This company is not reporting.  I have not incurred ANY new debt since over 8 years ago.  I live in Texas, by the way, all of my debt was incurred in Illinois, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.  I move around a lot.

As for which debt is it? No clue one of the five that have fallen off of my credit report over a year ago. Dont worry I am going to find out who it is and file the appropriate complaints--its just they havent contacted me in anyway and my family is a little slow on the uptake.

Dont worry, no one is going to pay anything on my debt--they love me, but I come from a huge self reliant family.  They believe in a person taking care of his own problems.  I have informed all of them not to pay or say they are going to pay anything, so that is not even a possibility.  Plus, no one is rich so it doesnt matter.  I think that is why they tried calling so many different people because no body was playing their silly game.

Message Edited by mbush12 on 11-22-2008 04:53 PM
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.