cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Business Factors CA

tag
JoshInReno

National Business Factors CA

I have 2 medical collections on my report dated 06/2006 from National Business Factors. I looked them up online and they do not appear to be a friendly company to deal with.

Should I just wait them out? I am unaware of the DOFD at the moment - but I really don't want to remind them of these accounts as they SHOULD fall off in another 6 months or so.

Worth pursuing?

01/14/08 TU:620 EQ:573 EX:622
11/29/12 TU:636 EQ:633 EX:???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: National Business Factors CA

By wait them out, I presume you mean wait for the CR exclusion period to expire.

That is always an option, and many will be content with CR exclusion as sufficient shield against future creditors becoming aware of the unpaid debt merely by pulling your CR.  But CR exclusion does not eradicate the debt, nor serve as basis to answer no if asked whether you have any old, unpaid delinquent debt.

It's a personal decision.  It is always best to have no unpaid, delinquent debt.

As for DOFD, when did you have the medical service, and did you make any payments?  Depending upon the billing of the medical provider, you should be able to make a pretty good guess as to the date you first became delinquent.  Add 7 years and 180 days to that date, and that is the maximum date that any collection on the debt can remain in your credit report.

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  and if they were listed for 2006 then they are old and getting older.  What's the SOL of your state?  Chances are it's past it.  You could try to settle with a PFD, offer them an amount and ask for deletion.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
JoshInReno

I found this online:

Under Nevada state law, there are several statutes of limitations:

• Notes Payable (credit cards) NRS 104.3118: Statute of limitations is 6 years.
  • Consumer Lease NRS 104A.2506: Statute of limitations is 4 years.
  • Warranties NRS 116.4116: Statute of limitations is 6 years.
  • Debt-Management Services, (effective July 1, 2010), NRS 676A.780: Statute of limitations is 4 years.

I'm assuming that collections fall under Debt-Management Services?

01/14/08 TU:620 EQ:573 EX:622
11/29/12 TU:636 EQ:633 EX:???
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.