cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Systems Agrees to Delete.....We shall see.....

tag
rearfanged
Valued Member

National Credit Systems Agrees to Delete.....We shall see.....

We'll see if this backfires.

I have never been contacted by NCS...I found out about their collection by pulling my credit report. I sent them an email stating that I am willing to pay it in full if they will delete the trade line from all three bureaus. I received a call today from a senior level manager (verified by Googling his name), who told me he could not send me a letter promising that because they don't do that, but that he would agree to deleting them if as a GW gesture since I reached out to them, and they had never contacted me about the debt. It was my plan to pay it either way, and since it seemed that was as good as it was going to get, I paid him over the phone. After I paid he explained the deletion process to me, and what he was going to do. He gave me his direct line and told me to call him if I had any problems. They report to the credit bureaus on the 7th and 21st, and he said the credit bureaus have 30 days after it's reported. The guy seemed pretty legit, and was very professional. He took a lot of time with me AFTER he had my money explaining the deletion process. So.....cross your fingers for me that it actually happens....this is by far the biggest and most impactful baddy on my report. Having it gone should affect my FICO in a pretty significant way......

Starting EQ Score 01/26/2013: 519
Current Scores: EQ 649 - TU 694 - EX 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: National Credit Systems Agrees to Delete.....We shall see.....

Good luck.  If it does backfire, which I don't think it will, you have an oral promise, which is just as binding.

Message 2 of 15
falcondawg
Established Member

CAn you PM the email you used...

Message 3 of 15
rearfanged
Valued Member

I emailed them from their contact page on their website.....

Message 4 of 15
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Samething happened to me... fx it works out for both of us

Message 5 of 15
rearfanged
Valued Member

Update already......I received an email from a NCS senior manager this afternoon confirming the promised deletion and timeframe, and an attached "release letter," which simply confirms on company letterhead that the debt is paid. Very exciting.....can't wait to pull my reports in a month.....

Message 6 of 15
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Consider it gone then. I had good luck with them on an old account.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 15
Skip27

NCS is a reputable collection firm, which has been in business for over 21 years. Our company policy and practice is to operate in an ethical and lawful manner at all times.

If a manager told you your account would be deleted then a deletion request will be submitted  to the CRA's.

If you have any problems please call 678-244-2841 and reference this post.

Message 8 of 15
rios138
New Contributor

Good luck.

I've been trying to work with them, but havent gotten any response messaging the contacts I was given.

I wasn't too happy with the progress I made calling the number for them from my credit report.  I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope that it clears up soon, I mean I want to give them money, lol.

Message 9 of 15
movinup1
New Contributor

Please, please, plesae PM me the name of the person you spoke to.  I have an old collection with them & I've tried a couple of times (unsuccessfully) to PFD.  They're one of the 3 remaining baddies on my reports.  Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.