Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National credit systems PFD!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National credit systems PFD!

Had a original debt with an apartment complex over a broken lease. National credit systems took over the debt and sent it to their attorney. Long story long the amount owed was 5k settled for 4 (not much negotiable). Agreed to do a PFD June 30. I paid the balance in full and the rep let me know that he was requesting to have the account deleted as the transaction went thru. Sent me a PIF receipt on company letterhead just for records keep. Well here we are 2 weeks later and Just like he said less than 2 weeks later it's been removed off my report! I read on these forums that they send out there data the 7th and the 21st. I will add that an verbal agreement is just as binding as a written one for those who will not agree to send in writing because the pfd itself is in violation with FCRA which in most cases a CA will not purge themselves with a handwritten notice that they are agreeing to one. Keep hope alive whoever is in similar situations for whatever circumstances, they are still willing to do deletions. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: National credit systems PFD!

Congrats. Few will do it in writing. If at all because of their contract with the CRA's to accurately report. But on the business side like PRA and others. They will delete because they recover funds that normally they would not have without that deletion policy. Good job.

Message 2 of 19
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats

Message 4 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting the deletion and yes a verbal agreement has the same weight as one in writing.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I was in a very similar situation. 3k was owed to national credit systems from a debt in 2016. I received a letter in 2018 and actually got into an argument with the CA and eventually, they stopped calling. Fast forward to this past month and I was denied an apartment because the collection debt was on the account even though my credit score was 704. I called the number from the letter I had saved and said i'd like to negotiate a pay for delete. They mentioned only doing pay for delete with paying off the debt in full (I didn't push for partial payment). They mentioned not agreeing to it in writing but said I'm free to record the phone call which I did. The CA mentioned I was paying off the debt in full with the understanding my account would be submitted with a request for deleting the debt from my account. I wasn't sure if the request would just get denied and they could get off the hook and be like hey we submitted a request and that's all we can do, but the request was fulfilled as promised. I paid my debt on July 1st and my credit report was boosted to 784 on july 11th. They said it could take up to 30-45 business days on the call. Thankfully the debt that had dragged my credit for years vanished like it never happened. Good luck to all going through the same thing!

@Anonymous wrote:

Had a original debt with an apartment complex over a broken lease. National credit systems took over the debt and sent it to their attorney. Long story long the amount owed was 5k settled for 4 (not much negotiable). Agreed to do a PFD June 30. I paid the balance in full and the rep let me know that he was requesting to have the account deleted as the transaction went thru. Sent me a PIF receipt on company letterhead just for records keep. Well here we are 2 weeks later and Just like he said less than 2 weeks later it's been removed off my report! I read on these forums that they send out there data the 7th and the 21st. I will add that an verbal agreement is just as binding as a written one for those who will not agree to send in writing because the pfd itself is in violation with FCRA which in most cases a CA will not purge themselves with a handwritten notice that they are agreeing to one. Keep hope alive whoever is in similar situations for whatever circumstances, they are still willing to do deletions. 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they still did the PFD even though you paid a lower settled amount?

Message 7 of 19
virgo
Established Contributor

Actually I paid for delete is not illegal if they own the debt. The law only requires that if they report they report accurately they can remove an ad anything they want as long as it's accurate.

But congratulations

Message 8 of 19

This gives me so much hope! I have a past rental debt of $1610 that hit my credit back in Oct.2021. I sent them a PFD letter but they said they don't do that (I spoke to them back in February 2022). Today, I just called again and the man said they don't do PFD letters, but he is agreeing over the phone that if I PIF, he will delete it off of my credit report. I'm going to send in the money order to them if not this week, next week. I heard it's not good to give them access to your bank account, so I'll be doing that instead. The supervisor didn't mention to me anything about the 7th and 21st though. He told me they update with the credit bureaus every Monday and that once I send in my payment, it should be delete within 30-45 days across all 3 bureaus. I will definitely update you all once I send in my payment and then again once my credit bureau updates! 

Message 9 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Same as above. You wont get letters. They are pretty good about PFD's. Congrats on getting this in the past. Yes keep us updated and let us know your score changes.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.