Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationstar Mortgage Goodwill success 2 for 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationstar Mortgage Goodwill success 2 for 2

From reading on here it sounds like several fell short on achieving goodwill success with Nationstar Mortage.  For those that weren't successful, hopefully this post will rejuvinate your hope and give you motivation to try again.  Let me start by saying that I've had my loan through Nationstar for about 7 years and had 7 late payments over that time.  All of them were 30 day lates except one 60 and all of them were in the 2012-2014 range of time.

I send out my first "round" of GW letters at the beginning of March.  By "round" I mean that I sent the same letter to 6 different addresses that I found for Nationstar.  I used the address from my account, the address from my credit report and multiple other addresses found within minutes of Google searching.  In the letter I referenced 2013 being a difficult year for me for some personal reasons which caused multiple lates that year.  About 2 weeks after sending out those 6 letters I received a letter back from one of the addresses saying that they were going to delete 3 of my reported late payments.  There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason in the 3 that they picked as they were scattered about; I think it was two in 2013 and one in 2014 that they removed.  I thought they'd pick the ones around the time period I referenced in the letter, but they just seemed to randomly choose 3.  Anyway, I was super pumped that my 7 baddies got knocked down to 4 on my first try which I felt really good about.

About a month later at the beginning of April I sent out another round to the same 6 addresses.  I kept 75% of the original letter the same, except this time I targeted a different time period about a year later and gave a reason why I was late a couple of times.  Again a couple of weeks went by and this morning I checked and 2 more lates were removed!  This time around I didn't receive a letter in the mail; I simply noticed that another adjustment was made.  Again, the two removed were completely random and didn't necessarily match the time period suggested in my letters.

So, now I'm down to just 2 baddies left, a single 30 and 60 from back to back months in 2013.  I may wait 2 months this time before sending out another round of letters, but I think I'm going to try once more to see if I can get those final 2 off of there.  While I feel like I may be pressing my luck a little, I feel good with the momentum and success I've had this far and think it's worth a shot.

I wonder if whoever opens my letter (assuming it's a different person) has a way of telling if a GW adjustment as already been made, or if the adjustment gets made and the letter gets tossed in the trash that there's no real record of it from the perspective of the next person that reads a letter.  I'm not really sure how all of that works.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in the addresses I used please feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll pass along the information.  Good luck to everyone else and know that through this lender it is certainly possible to receive multiple GW adjustments.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Nationstar Mortgage Goodwill success 2 for 2

Congrats, and thanks for sharing this. Very valuable for any goodwill attempt.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the goodwill success!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BrutalBodyShots - I sent you a PM in regards to the addresses that you sent your Nationstar goodwill letters to.  Just wanted to touchbase and make sure you got it!  Thanks so much!!!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did, just replied to you a little while ago.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate it so much!!!  Thank you for the information!

Message 6 of 15
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Congrats on the GW success with a mortgage company.  Man LOL

Too bad Wells Fargo thinks the earth will stop spinning if they even think about changing/deleting late marks on a consumers' credit report. Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I also have a nationstar account. Would be greatful if you could send me copy of your goodwill letters without your name acct # and dates an addys of where u sent them

thankfully dino386

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd just like to update here that Nationstar Mortage removed my last 2 baddies a few days ago as of my Sunday morning CK update I noticed that the final 2 were gone.  So I started with 7, first round of GW letters took off 3, second round took off 2 more, final round took of the last 2.  So, bottom line is I was 3 for 3 with success with GW letters to Nationstar for the removal of 7 30-60 day lates total!  Very happy with this result.

I'd also like to add that I was only contacted once via letter back from Nationstar the first time saying that they'd remove 3.  The next two adjustments for 2 baddies each just happened without any contact from them.

Good luck to all that strive for Nationstar GW.  It honestly wasn't all that difficult with them and I'm very grateful for that.  Now, Wells Fargo is a different animal...  I suppose I have to be understanding of the law of averages.

Message 9 of 15
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I am striving for Wells Fargo GW, but apparently I am swinging for the moon.

Again, congrats!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.