Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Charge Off

Hello!  I recently paid off 2 Navy Federal Charge Offs.  One was a credit card and the other an unsecured loan.  The credit card was affecting my utilization (showing 99%).  I paid them in full instead of settling in the hopes to reestablish a relationship with them.  I have also paid all the collections on my account and many have been removed.  My goal is to purchase a house in a year.  Do you think I will see a good score increase and has anyone else reestablished w NFCU?  How long should I wait to apply for something with them?  TIA

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Charge Off

I saw someone say you can they spoke to a navy federal rep that said if you pay back your debts you can come back to them. As far as score increases you need to give a little more information like your negatives still on your report, current accounts and balances with the limits.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe start slow with a checking/savings account for a few months.  I hope it all works out for you.  Good job on getting your finances in order and doing the right thing.

Message 3 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

From what I've read, you have to go through a probationary period with them. Once you make it through, you should be good to go again.

Message 4 of 5
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Any estimate on how long the probationary period is?  I had something with them and I paid it off in full January 2018.  I've kind of just been waiting for the right time to submit an application...that would hopefully get it approved.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.