cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union is going to help me rebuild my credit!!!!!!!

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union is going to help me rebuild my credit!!!!!!!

@nibbles, you know my scores are lower than yours (TU-612 EX-654 (as of today)...I dont think they use EX-621...I just jumped out and tried NFCU because so many people were talking about it. I am hoping it doesn't hurt my score, I am trying to apply for a mortgage in about 6 months. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 27
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thank you very much. O wise and knowledgable Guiness56, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will go into the branch tomorrow to apply in person and ask if they can use the HP from the CC.

Message 12 of 27
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

Thank you very much. O wise and knowledgable Guiness56, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will go into the branch tomorrow to apply in person and ask if they can use the HP from the CC.

Lol!  Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Message 13 of 27
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Ok so another question would be - is this credit union open to anyone or does it have to be someone in the service or a family member of someone in the service?

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 14 of 27
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@nibbles, family member (sibling, parent, child, grandparent, grandchild) of a NFCU member.

Message 15 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

Love NFCU!! Just got approved for $ 3k myself today!!! Wowsa! Congrats on your approval!!!
Message 16 of 27
singleindependentmom
New Contributor

WOW!! Congrats!! Now I want to try and get one... but I think my score will be too low. Smiley Sad

I think I'm going to wait for a bit and get my score up.

Starting Score: Experian 514 Equifax 510 TransUnion 510
Current Score: Experian 630 and everything still In Progress
Goal Score: First Goal 650

Message 17 of 27
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

@newmom, if you don't mind me asking, which card did you apply for?

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 18 of 27
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

the NCFU card will take at least 3 weeks before it applies to the CRA's.  It will help with Uti but will hit you several times with HP.  The loan officers cannot tell you what kinda of interest rate you can get.  They have to send it "up" and then tell you what the main office says.  Personally, i was on the same ship as everyone else is on about NFCU.  Very generous with the cards and CL, advertise good rates, BUT a loan officer cannot tell you crap other than what they are told.    I am moving my financing to another CU which the loan officer has been awesome to deal with and can tell me based on scores where I will be and has the list infront of her.  Plus, they use the same scoring as i get here.

During my rebuild, its been better for me to deal with a loan officer that knows about credit and what I am trying to acheive.   Thats just me and my in branch experience.  The requirements to join are a little tough but since i had a flightline badge i was able to get on with them.   I may give them another shot in the future at financing.  Oh and my experience has been that if you get the card and apply again for a personal loan or something other than a card, they pull it again.  The other CU uses the same report for 30 days and uses this one.  So its great for me because I can monitor it and tell her when to pull Smiley Happy

Congrats on the cards !   That was my breath of fresh air and seeing light at the end of this tunnel Smiley Happy

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 19 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, OP. Treat them well, and they'll treat you well. Great CSRs and tellers.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.