Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal...Definitely the way to go

tag
odjohnson3
Regular Contributor

Navy Federal...Definitely the way to go

I signed up about 6 months ago..When I signed up I didnt apply for anything but the line of credit and a consolidation loan...both denied. I dont have bad credit...I had terrible utilization tho....all cards at 100%

So, I started making deposits to my account and about 2 statements later was aproved for 500 LOC. At that point I switched my direct deposit and start knocking down credit card debt. I also utilized my LOC. Using 100% of it and paying it in full every pay statement for 3 months. After my 5th bank statement I had paid off $7k of $10.5k and I decided to pull the trigger. I dont know what my score is but I only have one negetive account. Its a bank related charge off for a very small amount over a year ago

BAM....just like that from 500 to 15k Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I also decided to apply for a credit card....ill keep yall updated on how that works out.

My credit profile is short..my oldest account is 3 years old...the rest are around 1 year...And I have a total of 10 accounts...8 are new....I kept reading all over the forum that Navyfederal gives generous credit...I can now say, I KNOW, first hand Smiley Happy

Thank you to everyone on this forum...Just 2 years ago my score was like a 528 with negetives everywhere...I couldnt get a card from anyone...Not even a secured card because I had a tax lien....Ive made tremendous improvement and I wanna say thank you to all the contributors on this site

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal...Definitely the way to go

Congrats on your success! 

Message 2 of 5
hoang817
Regular Contributor

congrats!

Message 3 of 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success!

I think you posted in the won't section.  Maybe it should be in the approvals forum?

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 5
odjohnson3
Regular Contributor

oh, sorry about that. Thanks for all the support...Stay at it rebuilders, were on this journey together

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.