Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal payments

tag
southernblueeyes
Contributor

Navy Federal payments

Got in with Navy Federal last month and a nrewards secured card. Do they prefer multiple payments monthly or one payment by due date? Planning on just one payment before the due date to get it below 8.9% but I wonder if it would be better to make multiple payments monthly while rebuilding. 

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,000
PenFed Power Cash Rewards $12,500
Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Capital One Savor $15,000
PenFed Pathfinder $10,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal payments

Is it your only card for now? You dont have to overdue it and pay multiple times. Cap1 likes it. NFCU will do their usual graduation. Havent seen any type of movement that makes it graduate early.

Message 2 of 6
southernblueeyes
Contributor

It's my third card. I also have a Credit One that I will cancel at 11 months. And I have an Opensky that I will keep until I can replace it with a better card. Will do AZEO method and only report a small balance on NFCU. 

Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thats fine. But dont close the CO until you get a 4th card. You dont want to drop below 3 cards. Least NFCU will graduate in time and with a CLI. So you got something to look forward to!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@southernblueeyes  it is my understanding that when you practice AZEO, you do not want the card that reports a small balance to be a credit union card...something the way they report.  You want it to be a bank card such as your cap one.  Also if have a chase card, they report mid month I believe if balance is zero so they are not ideal either if that card is the one to report small balances each and every month. 

ETA:  Hopefully someone who knows for sure will come along and confirm this or correct my info.  In the mean time, you can do a search within the forums on AZEO....lots of info. 

Message 5 of 6
southernblueeyes
Contributor

Oops. Paid too much on my nRewards card. Paid it down leaving a $14 balance which is under 1%. Dropped my EX 21 points as less than 1% shows as 0%  Lesson learned. Lol

Apple Card $8,200
NFCU Flagship $20,000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.