Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal

tag
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal

I get paid every Friday @ 12:01am. So for me its on time. Now I cant speek for anyone else.
Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I always got my military DP from Navy posted the day before and with USAA it was sometimes 3 days early.

Message 12 of 15
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

I always got my military DP from Navy posted the day before and with USAA it was sometimes 3 days early.

+1

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 13 of 15
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I was set up for direct deposit with Navy and I had to call them every time to release my check (not cool); with USAA I get my direct deposit a day early. No issues except they wont give me any credit so I dont like playign with them anymore.

Message 14 of 15
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I joined Navy Federal in 2001 and applied for an auto loan the same day. I got approved for it immediately. My credit score then couldn't have been over 545. Fast forward to 2011. By then, I had like 6 30 day lates, 3 60 day lates, and even 1 90 day late (all with NFCU) plus 2 charge offs, 1 medical collection, and a Verizon charge off. I even had a $139 negative balance on my savings account (with NFCU). My Fico score was at 545 EQ. I paid the negative balance and I app'd for a secured card and refinance of the remainder of a vehicle loan I had with them and they gave it to me.

9 months later, with an EQ Fico of between 630 and 637 I app'd for an unsecured version of the same card and was given a $4k limit with 17.99% APR (not good but it was unsecured), and it was my first big limit card.

If they are willing to grant me credit especially after all the times I've done them wrong, I'm impressed enough to believe that they'll treat you well too, and your chances for approval pretty darn good. I'm now in a better place financially and would jump off an 8 story roof before I burn them again (okay not really but...) If you have an inquiry to burn, try it.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.