Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy SSL FICO 8 & 9 Score Bump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy SSL FICO 8 & 9 Score Bump

So I opened a NFCU SSL b/c I only have a closed installment loan on my CR, and it's my one & only derog as it's a CO with WF. 
In March of 2020 I got a BofA secured card with $1K CL. FICO scores were barely 500. Didn't use the card like I should and had very high util(hadn't found MyFICO yet). In March 2021, I got a Discover IT secured card, $2K limit. FICO scores 620-641. 
April of this year, I apply for and get NFCU GO Rewards unsecured card for $1K. It still hasn't not reported yet as expected. I also opened a NFCU SSL for $3,100 the day after my GO Rewards. Paid it down to $275 once I was able. It reported to TU today. 
I got a +15 point score increase on my TU FICO 8(now 647) and a +24 point score increase on my TU FICO 9(now 661). 
Im very pleased, I actually wonder if it will increase more over time from the SSL reporting paid as agreed. I'll post back in a week or so once EX & EQ update. 

Also, I've applied multiple times for the Apple Card, always denied. Last denial my TU FICO 9 was 644 and my CO was a factor for denial of course. Today I tried again just to see, Approved for $1K. It's not a great SL and I won't accept it but it's nice to see my hard work pay off and lets me know I'm on the right track. 
I'm officially in the garden until 2022!! 
And thanks to everyone here who posts and helps because without you all I wouldn't be where I'm at now, so thanks a ton! 

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy SSL FICO 8 & 9 Score Bump

Great work and nice score increase! Thanks for sharing your DPs!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great results - you're on the path now. It only gets better from here Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @Thank you

@Anonymous thanks bro. Patience is the hard part. Maybe one day I'll get me 25 from Navy too 😜

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @Thank you

@Anonymous thanks bro. Patience is the hard part. Maybe one day I'll get me 25 from Navy too 😜

Lol keep doing it like you are and finding patience and I have no doubt you will Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I opened a NFCU SSL b/c I only have a closed installment loan on my CR, and it's my one & only derog as it's a CO with WF. 
In March of 2020 I got a BofA secured card with $1K CL. FICO scores were barely 500. Didn't use the card like I should and had very high util(hadn't found MyFICO yet). In March 2021, I got a Discover IT secured card, $2K limit. FICO scores 620-641. 
April of this year, I apply for and get NFCU GO Rewards unsecured card for $1K. It still hasn't not reported yet as expected. I also opened a NFCU SSL for $3,100 the day after my GO Rewards. Paid it down to $275 once I was able. It reported to TU today. 
I got a +15 point score increase on my TU FICO 8(now 647) and a +24 point score increase on my TU FICO 9(now 661). 
Im very pleased, I actually wonder if it will increase more over time from the SSL reporting paid as agreed. I'll post back in a week or so once EX & EQ update. 

Also, I've applied multiple times for the Apple Card, always denied. Last denial my TU FICO 9 was 644 and my CO was a factor for denial of course. Today I tried again just to see, Approved for $1K. It's not a great SL and I won't accept it but it's nice to see my hard work pay off and lets me know I'm on the right track. 
I'm officially in the garden until 2022!! 
And thanks to everyone here who posts and helps because without you all I wouldn't be where I'm at now, so thanks a ton! 

Great progress! Happy Gardening 🌱 

Message 6 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success! You got some great lenders on hand. Your graduation will come before you know it.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX FICO 8 increased by +17 points. Super stoked. 😁 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ FICO 8 increased 11 points & EQ 9 increased 16 points from the SSL. Just wanted to document the increases in case anyone was wondering but of course I know all profiles are different. 

Message 9 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Those are nice score increases! 👍
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.