cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy used eq 04 ( 50 points lower than 08. So I hv a few ?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy used eq 04 ( 50 points lower than 08. So I hv a few ?)

Alright,  So I can't complain about a cli.  I am for sure happy, just was hoping for more.  Been working on my credit for about a year now and have made massive improvements.  I have finally hit the 670-680 fico 8 range.  I submitted a request when the ar was done with Navy and got the 3-5 day message and decided to let it ride and see what happens.  Got a letter in stating that they did indeed give me a cli to 4000.  Well the letter states that my eq is 629.  Now I know enough from reading on here that is an eq04 score becasue my eq08 is 678. ( Other scores are tu 668, ex 687 )

So here's the questions.  

What factors in the the eq04 score that makes it almost 50 points lower for me.  

Is there anything I can do to raise this.  (I went back to May when I first got my reports on here and my eq 04 was 620, so It's only risen 9 points while the 08 has risen                     almost 40)

I do have a lot of old cc charge offs and a fmc chargeoff( along with a judgement to match.)  All CC charge off's have been paid except 1, and the fmc/ judgement has been               settled.  

Have lots of new accounts in the last year ( about 12).  But also several accounts over 15 yrs old ( AAoA still 5.8 years)

Utilization under 20 %( even with last cc charge off, Plan on paying that in the coming months, saving now)

Everything bad is at least 4 years old.

I really want to app for the Venture around the first of the year. But I know they use 04 scores and a 629 ain't gonna cut the mustard. lol

So any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy used eq 04 ( 50 points lower than 08. So I hv a few ?)

Capital One (Venture) does not use FICO 04.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico 08 places less emphasis, (and conversely 04 more emphasis), on baddies.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Items under $100 are much less painful to FICO 8 scores - thats usually the biggest difference.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that'd be awesome for me if they don't.  I thought I had seen on here that they did.   Guess I was wrong.  Lol

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess that makes sense.  Just wish it wasn't such a big difference .  luckily don't HV any collections.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Items under $100 are much less painful to FICO 8 scores - thats usually the biggest difference.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that'd be awesome for me if they don't.  I thought I had seen on here that they did.   Guess I was wrong.  Lol

Just looked at my last Cap One denial from July 14. It shows me with an Equifax score of 557. I had a three bureau report pulled from CCT (FICO 8 scores) on July 12. That one shows me at EQ 566.... SO, I have to conclude that you are indeed correct - they are still using FICO 4 from Equifax. I stand corrected (sorry for getting ya all excited).

Anyone know if you can force them to pull TU by freezing EQ? My TU score is SOOOO much better. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just looked at my last Cap One denial from July 14. It shows me with an Equifax score of 557. I had a three bureau report pulled from CCT (FICO 8 scores) on July 12. That one shows me at EQ 566.... SO, I have to conclude that you are indeed correct - they are still using FICO 4 from Equifax. I stand corrected (sorry for getting ya all excited).

Anyone know if you can force them to pull TU by freezing EQ? My TU score is SOOOO much better. 

Lmbo.  Its no problem.  I'll get there eventually. O4 or 08.  Soon enough they'll both be stellar scores.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.