Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need A Lil Help With Derogs....

tag
ucibaqt
Valued Member

Need A Lil Help With Derogs....

I got 2 questions:

So I've talked about my settled BofA Account from 2007. I thought maybe I could send BofA a PFD by offering to pay the remaining balance of the account, but they are not having it. I have about 15 late payments reporting on this account ranging from 30-120 with about 11 of them being 120+ lates. After speaking to the CSR and reading other expriences with BofA, I'm beginning to think there is nothing I can do but wait until 2/2013 when this this account is scheduled to fall off. Is this true, or can I at least get a PIF from them or maybe try to get them to drop some of those lates? Based on what anyone knows about BofA is any of my goals realistic?

Secondly, I have A FirstFB account that I also racked up lates on around 2007. I GW'd them about a week and a half ago and I'm pacing back and forth waiting for a reply. One thing that concerns me about this account is that its closed by them of course. I'm still paying the balance down only got about 700 left to pay, but CRA are not reporting when this account will go into good standing again. All of my other derogs/past delinquent accounts have a date scheduled for when they will fall off or will change to current status. Why doesn't this account have that reporting? Can I get this type of reporting on this account or will it forever show as a derog/delinquent account on my CR?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Need A Lil Help With Derogs....

@ucibaqt wrote:

I got 2 questions:

So I've talked about my settled BofA Account from 2007. I thought maybe I could send BofA a PFD by offering to pay the remaining balance of the account, but they are not having it. I have about 15 late payments reporting on this account ranging from 30-120 with about 11 of them being 120+ lates. After speaking to the CSR and reading other expriences with BofA, I'm beginning to think there is nothing I can do but wait until 2/2013 when this this account is scheduled to fall off. Is this true, or can I at least get a PIF from them or maybe try to get them to drop some of those lates? Based on what anyone knows about BofA is any of my goals realistic?

Secondly, I have A FirstFB account that I also racked up lates on around 2007. I GW'd them about a week and a half ago and I'm pacing back and forth waiting for a reply. One thing that concerns me about this account is that its closed by them of course. I'm still paying the balance down only got about 700 left to pay, but CRA are not reporting when this account will go into good standing again. All of my other derogs/past delinquent accounts have a date scheduled for when they will fall off or will change to current status. Why doesn't this account have that reporting? Can I get this type of reporting on this account or will it forever show as a derog/delinquent account on my CR?

What did you ask in the GW to First FB?  If that acct is closed & you're paying off the old balance, that acct won't actually go back into good standing.  How many lates are they showing?

It seems both accts had lates, were closed by the OC, both have balances too.  Even if they are closed... even if the OC's won't remove the lates, it can't hurt to pay them off eventually.  Any future creditor will be more likely to extend you credit if your old accts are paid.  If you have fairly recent closed accts & have balances too...don't even try for new credit.  Anyone can make a mistake & get behind...but a $0 balance always looks like you paid what you owed.

When were the first lates???  mm/yyyy?

Here's hoping they work with you!!  Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
ucibaqt
Valued Member

Okay I think I'm beginning to understand this credit thing a little better. So if the account is still open and has lates then 7 years after the first late then the account will go into current status. But if the account is closed and has lates especially delinquent lates then it falls off the report 7 years after the DOFD. Do I have this right? So this FirstFB account has 8 lates ranging from 30-120 all in 2006-2007. I GW'd them since I have been paying $2700 balance since 2007 I hoped they would excuse those 8 lates from 2006-2007. I'm trying anything to get these 29 lates I have down to the teens if possible. The dates are: 30 (3/2006), 60 (4/2006), 90 (5/2006), 120 (6/2006), 150 (7/2006), 180 (8/2006), 150 (9/2006), and a later 30 (10/2005). None of my CRA show a DOFD or a date that this account will fall off. Is it because it hasn't been PIF yet?
Message 3 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@ucibaqt wrote:
Okay I think I'm beginning to understand this credit thing a little better. So if the account is still open and has lates then 7 years after the first late then the account will go into current status.
example...2/05 - 30, 3/05 - 60, 4/05 - 90 ....In jan 2012 the 30 drops, feb..60 drops, march...90 drops & acct is good.
But if the account is closed and has lates especially delinquent lates then it falls off the report 7 years after the DOFD. Do I have this right?
Actually, the closed acct will update those lates just like the open acct.  Only difference, the closed acct will drop off your report altogether after last delete...it won't suddenly show "good".
So this FirstFB account has 8 lates ranging from 30-120 all in 2006-2007. I GW'd them since I have been paying $2700 balance since 2007 I hoped they would excuse those 8 lates from 2006-2007.
I'm trying anything to get these 29 lates I have down to the teens if possible. The dates are: 30 (3/2006), 60 (4/2006), 90 (5/2006), 120 (6/2006), 150 (7/2006), 180 (8/2006), 150 (9/2006), and a later 30 (10/2005). None of my CRA show a DOFD or a date that this account will fall off. Is it because it hasn't been PIF yet?

Ok...hang on.  Are all those lates listed above from the same acct???  From FirstFB?  Or are the 8's & the 29's from 2 different accts?

Message 4 of 7
ucibaqt
Valued Member

Sorry for the confusing info....I have 29 total lates from all acoounts listed on my CR. 8 of those are from the FirstFB account in the second question and 15 are from the BofA account in the first question.

Message 5 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Ok...gotcha.  Well, unless they are willing to work with you, you'll likely have to wait til they drop.  *maybe* they will agree to drop the 120's???  while/after payment?

OR...you can GW them weekly until they decide that all the letters back to you aren't worth it!   Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-18-2009 06:58 PM
Message 6 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

It never hurts to try but IMHO you have zero chance with BofA in getting them to remove anything.  Two years ago I asked a CSR to remove unfair 120 day lates from my CR and was told it was only a "sting".

I have to wait about 3.5 more years and then they will fall off.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.