Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice: Troubles with Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice: Troubles with Credit

Hello,

I am having troubles with my credit score. I make a decent amount of money and I have always paid all my bills on time. When I ran a credit score I saw 2 credit accounts with delinquent payments that were never in my name. I asked my mother and she said she had added me as an authorized user to those accounts. Can I get these off of my credit score since I was never responsible for them? She has already removed me as an authorized user on the accounts. The second issue I have is with my mother's mortgage. In order for my mother to keep her house while I was in college I co-signed her mortgage with her. She had always been paying it so I thought it wasn't a big deal. Apparently she stopped paying it for 6 months straight without letting me know. Now I may be in the market for my own home soon and I'm looking to repair my credit which is down about 200 points from where it was 5 years ago. She is now caught up with her mortgage payments, but in order for me to shed this debt showing up on my credit report I need to get off her mortgage. To do so I believe she'd need to refinance. I have no claim to her house and did not see any of the money from the mortgage loan. Does anyone have suggestions for the situation I'm in?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Need Advice: Troubles with Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I am having troubles with my credit score. I make a decent amount of money and I have always paid all my bills on time. When I ran a credit score I saw 2 credit accounts with delinquent payments that were never in my name. I asked my mother and she said she had added me as an authorized user to those accounts. Can I get these off of my credit score since I was never responsible for them? She has already removed me as an authorized user on the accounts.

The second issue I have is with my mother's mortgage. In order for my mother to keep her house while I was in college I co-signed her mortgage with her. She had always been paying it so I thought it wasn't a big deal. Apparently she stopped paying it for 6 months straight without letting me know. Now I may be in the market for my own home soon and I'm looking to repair my credit which is down about 200 points from where it was 5 years ago. She is now caught up with her mortgage payments, but in order for me to shed this debt showing up on my credit report I need to get off her mortgage. To do so I believe she'd need to refinance. I have no claim to her house and did not see any of the money from the mortgage loan. Does anyone have suggestions for the situation I'm in?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the forums waving hi.gif

The lates with the CC.....When did she remove you, as an AU?   Is this on all 3 CR's?   When did the lates happen?

The mortgage.........Even if she refinances a loan, this mortgage will still be reporting on your CR's

When did these lates happen?  And how are the lates reporting,30,60,90,or 120?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.