Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Direction Please Help!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Direction Please Help!!!

Hello All,

I just need some assistance on where to start.  I am just being my journey and I pulled my credit report it is in bad shape.  Many accounts will fall off in 2013 & 2014 but I wanted to settle so that they will not magically return.  If I pay/settle old collections account will they re-age the account?  I do not want to pay them and then the clock start all over.  And if the clock does not start over, which bills should I start with the youngest or oldest?  Or should I go by amounts?  I know that several of the collections ( I have about 18 so yes I have a long journey) are for companies that do PFD so that is a positive.  Just looking for some direction on which way to go.  Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Need Direction Please Help!!!

Paying-off to settle does not reset DoFD.

Can you post up your baddies with amounts and dates, etc, that we can better assist you.  Remember, it's not the end of the world.  There are people here who will get you pointed in that right direction. You just need to have patience and some diligence.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Need Direction Please Help!!!

@Repo-ed wrote:

Paying-off to settle does not reset DoFD.

Can you post up your baddies with amounts and dates, etc, that we can better assist you.  Remember, it's not the end of the world.  There are people here who will get you pointed in that right direction. You just need to have patience and some diligence.

+1.   The CRTP ( credit reporting time period ) for collections is based on the DOFD of the original creditor ( OC ) account.   It can't be changed or altered.   If a CA reports a collection with a newer or different DOFD that is a violation of the FCRA.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.