Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Guidance

So I have a collection on my account from Verizon for $441 from 2 years ago. It has been sent to EOS CCA for collection. I was checking today if Verizon still owned the debt by logging into my account. I was able to see that it was on there with the balance still due. Should I pay it online directly to Verizon or pay EOS? If I paid Verizon directly, would EOS still be coming after me about the money? Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Guidance

I think I have read here that if you pay the original creditor, they will have to notify the collection agency to update the balance as paid.  Best thing that could happen is Verizon pulls it back from collections and the tradeline gets removed.  Worst thing is the collection agency will update the tradeline as paid on the credit report and stop bothering you.

Win/Win in my opinion.  

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

They won't come after you. OC will notify. If you want, sent collection agency proof with payment receipt.
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I would do.  I would contact Verizon and strike a deal.  Ask them to remove it from your credit reports in exchange for payment in full.  Or, in the alternative, try this with EOS CCA.  Get the agreement in writing BEFORE making payment.

How do you know when a Collection Agency is lying to you?  Their mouth is open!!  lol

Good luck

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, agree. If paying fully ditectly to Verizon, DEF get a PFD
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

no matter who you pay....attempt the PFD!!

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been unable to get anyone on the phone from Verizon. They keep pushing me over to EOS.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well.  Try to deal with EOS.  Ask them to do a pay for delete.  Make sure to get this agreement in writing BEFORE you give them a dime!!

Good luck!!

Message 8 of 20
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I have been unable to get anyone on the phone from Verizon. They keep pushing me over to EOS.

If you can see the debt on your account when you log in, can you simply pay the account from there? Or is that not an option?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid $50 towards it on the Verizon site, but now they are saying that the account is no longer there. The balance hasn't updated reflecting the amount. I've been trying to get on the phone with a person ton find out where my $50 went since I was able to still log into the account and it accepted my payment. Any suggestions? These people have been transferring me for hours now since no one has an answer.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.