cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Rebuilding Credit

tag
Dajinxxx

Need Help Rebuilding Credit

Hello im new to these forums and would like a little advice on repairing my credit. First of all I only have 3 negative accounts from the big 3 (trans union, experian and equifax). One only shows up on Experian.

1. and 2. are  Credit control Corp

Account is collections from original creditor Suddenlink Communications

Date opened  7/01/2008

Last Updated    9/01/2008

Past Due Amount 620.00 and 180.00 two seperate accounts

The original creditor did not report. Cannot recall receiving any letters from Collection Agency and they stopped reporting on 9/01/2008

Need advice on how i should go about getting these two removed as i am now in a postion to pay the account for removal.

3. is  Regional Acceptance

Account was a charge off

Date opened 12/01/2003

Last updated 4/01/2007

Status Closed

This account only shows up on my experian report and is still showing as failed to pay. I dont know if I just need to wait for it to fall off or what. 

Good thing is i have payed off all my student loans before they defaulted thanx to a new job. I also just opened a secured card with PNC bank. I know these three accounts are bringing my score down and i would appreciate any advice thanx again.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 570
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Need Help Rebuilding Credit

Have you attempted a PFD (pay for deletion) yet? I would expect if you offer..say... 25% to start with, then 50% and so on they would remove. I do not know the particular agency's but I would start with a PFD. You can find an example PFD letter on this site.
Read through it carefully before contacting any collection agency.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 2 of 4
Dajinxxx

Ok looking into payfordelete.Thnax for the info.  Also does anyone have any idea why a charge off would be reported to just one reporting agency? I thought charge offs were reported to all three.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 570
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Lasardo
Established Contributor

REGIONAL acceptance: send a PFD letter to the OC (since they own it) which instructs them to additionally validate the debt. ( look up example PFD example letter on Myfico)
You will find additional info there.
Look up your SOL for your state, this is important because you are most likely outside of your SOL that is why you do not see a judgment on all 3 reports.
A charge off will drag your score through the mud so really focus in on getting this removed.
Look under "rebuilding your credit " under the top forums, "what steps do I take? DV?PFD? Etc? This is where you will find SOL and several other items you need to know before your voyage.
In reference to why they are not reporting on all 3? Each agency can decide to report to 1 or 3 or none, it truly is a gamble. I am not positive but I think they have to pay to report to each agency..
Persistence, when sending your PFD or GW letters; start out at 25%, then 50% and so on. Keep sending these letters until you receive a positive outcome.
It can be done so be positive and patient.
This could be worse, you said yourself you kept up on your student loans so you are ahead there for sure.
Just an FYI .. I started with 27 negative items, of those 4 were judgements.. It took me exactly 1 yr and 4 large 3-ring binders full of copies of letters/correspondence BUT I got it all removed l, plus 9 inquiry's.
Really utilize this site, read through everything, familiarize yourself with the FCRA, ask questions before sending out letters, ask to have it proof-read.
ORGANIZATION. This was the key to my success.
I kept a 3 ring binder..anything that occurred on that account I documented on a sheet at the front of each creditor.
Keep everything.
Also, don't forget to start building POSITIVE credit history.. Open a secured card, use it while waiting for the others to come off.
Sorry to go on here but wanted to relay info, if there is any confusion, don't hesitate to PM me.
Good luck!
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.