Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! So close I can feel the weight coming off chest BUT still some to GO

tag
Hutchman92
Valued Member

Need Help! So close I can feel the weight coming off chest BUT still some to GO

I'll start by saying I've been helping for a year and have removed over 15 collections and charge offs, dozens of inquiries, all student loans (16) turned positive and 4 year red payment history turn green, and 20-30k paid down debt revolving. Still a couple baddies:

Any thoughts on this, there’s a few moving parts on the report but so very close to some
Serious point breakthrough. It’s come from
Many negative items to just a couple.

1) Item 1-collection for $1800 reported in may 30 2022 from Debt recovery solutions OC Bluff knoll emergency room. I’ve seen every letter creditors have sent and there was never a bill or formal pre-collection notice that states he had 30 days to question validity if debt etc. Also the original debt from ER was from September 2017. It’s now beyond the statue of limitation to bring suit however crazy how they Jusy come out of the blue and put a near $2k collections and reports to all 3. It also shows an open date of may 2022 so the score went from 760 to 640 within couple months. We’ve sent several prodigy attacks SECA1, MPEC and STSW however it remains, when I sent them a DF attack they replied with an invoice with name and date of service and total amount due which is apparently good enough to stay.

2) another collection popped up around the same time. This one for $91 from FCO fair credit outsourcing. Attacked with prodigy since May and also directly with DF. They respond with a 50 page thick original lease as it was from housing rental company. The Lease had three names on it and apparently this is on everyone credit. Again, no letter ir communication prior to posting on credit. The house in reference was moved out of in June 2017. the paperwork also shows damage done to the rental. They charged $1300 for paint, $8 for battery, $24 light bulbs, and many other astronicmal charges. Also when leaving the tenant was told by man in charge of cleanup crew that the house looked good and they should receive deposit back within couple weeks. However 5 years 3 months later just a bill for $91. Apparently the total bill was like $3,000 they removed 1200 deposit, removed 1300 paint, reverse some other fees and ending in $91. The prodigy attacks were successful on TU in removal but others came back as consumer disputes FCrA account verified. I hate to ever tell someone to pay a debt but hell is it even worth it when tbeh won’t budge. I feel like they got short end of stick after being told they’d get deposit back only to lose it all and have a collection.

3) & 4) are an old charge off from web bank fingerhut with $0 balance that comes back verified, and attack directly to them shows they no longer own account and list Jefferson as owner however thankfully Jefferson sent a letter saying it’s past 5 years and they won’t sue or post to credit. However web bank fingerhut says they can’t remove because they don’t have it and estimated removal isn’t for another full year and a half. The other charge off is ACIMA for $4,188 account closed/ charge off 08/2017. Still going to be in there for another year or two and every time we attack it they just update the most recent balance update. Luckily out of statue of limitation for lawsuit but still a blemish. Weird too only showing the ACIMA on experian and fingerhut only exp too.

5) other items I’ve noticed is student loans pay off percentage is negative as a payment was never made so constantly getting the “balances on installment account exceed original Balance” on denials. All credit card debt was paid off in last few months, over 25k however not seeing huge improvements in score because the negatives for ER $1800 and Housing company $90 (2 collections) are continuing to suppress score.

What advice would you guys recommend? Stay the course on another round of attacks? Did receive a frivolous reply from exp bavn in may/June. Paused for couple months and started another round so this would be 3.

Is there anything else I can do to help?

One thing I thought was mandatory thag when disputes, which is what the CRA and creditors label prodigy attacks, are being processed that DF has to temporarily remove from report when disputing directing with DF. This could be only in the first 30 days however original bill was never sent and debt was 5-6 years old before even going on credit.

Thought about including the letter where TU deleted the $92 collection and sending to other two CRAs, also thought about advising to pay. For the DRS $1800 collection thought about trying to speak with OC and see if anyway they could pull back and maybe apply financial assistance, this person isn’t working but does have sufficient savings they live from.

Also there’s a $250 bill from minute clinic and a $2,000 bill from Quest both of which have yet to go to credit report however did send letter within the first 30 days and haven’t heard back since but they said the quest still shows up in portal. Apparently they could’ve gotten discount directly through doctor for $400 or $500 for special labs however was told their insurance covered it so opted for that route Jusy to learn that insurance denied it and no they’re stuck with full insurance price bill no discount for cash.

There’s definitely a lot of moving parts here but it was much worse Jan 1 when we started. Since then we’ve removed the following charge off and collection: 2x first premier, milestone, 2x capio partners, cap one, citi, discover, mid America, Bank of America, 14 negative loans turned positive and I’m sure more. Theyve seen score rise ~140 points s from all 3 CRA and other than accounts I’ve mentioned payment history is 100%, very few inquiry, decent revolving around $15k available, utilizing AZEO this month when it reports and average age of accounts is 4 year 8 month.

To help age should I suggest an older tradeline as authorized user? If works correctly a 20 year revoking AU account would increase their average to over 8 years which would bump into very high threshold for max points.

They’ve been working very hard and I see it as have i. A house is in the future and they’ve been saving and cleaning up credit for year now. I want to help them but also want to avoid doing any damage. There’s some other methods to send information to CRa such as specifically writing out explanation such as how does fingerhut have a last payment made date of more than 7 years ago yet not scheduled to be removed for another year. The only thing I could think of is they paid it full on the date or last payment and then let it sit at 0 balance for a year then charged it and missed payments but still doesn’t make sense. I could make an argument on some others and provide some proof but I don’t want to mess up the prodigy system that’s worked well for them, however I want to supplement it. These last few are very rough and prodigy has been great but ineffective so far on these 3.

Feel free to DM I have another couple businesses wheee my time and energy has been going to so I’m sure I’ve likely missed posts or updates that could’ve helped so forgive me if I’m being redundant but I really want tk help these folks get free and live a life without subprime loans and 20% interest. They messed up in early 20s but from what I can see haven’t missed a payment on anything in 5 years. thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Help! So close I can feel the weight coming off chest BUT still some to GO

Medical collections can only be reported if they are more than $500 and they cannot be reported until 1 yr since DoFD is passed. I would go after the 2K debt over the medical at this point so you dont get that collection reported. Medicals that are paid by insurance or yourself get deleted once their balance gets to 0.

Message 2 of 6
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Help! So close I can feel the weight coming off chest BUT still some to GO

"I’ve seen every letter creditors have sent and there was never a bill or formal pre-collection notice that states he had 30 days to question validity if debt etc. Also the original debt from ER was from September 2017. It’s now beyond the statue of limitation to bring suit however crazy how they Jusy come out of the blue and put a near $2k collections and reports to all 3. It also shows an open date of may 2022 so the score went from 760 to 640 within couple months. "

There is absolutely NO requirement that they send any dunning notice prior to reporting to the bureaus.  The reason the opening date is May 2022 is that is when the CA got the account.  They cannot report for any time frame prior to acquiring the account.  That does NOT extend the reporting time frame though.

"We’ve sent several prodigy attacks SECA1, MPEC and STSW however it remains, when I sent them a DF attack" 

I have absolutely NO idea what any of those acronyms are but if you are saying you sent a bunch of disputes based on cut and paste information from the internet what you did was cement the item to his report.  I don't know about the multitude of accounts you claim to have removed but unless it was PFD your friend is at risk that they end up being reinserted which will cause even more damage to his scores.

" I feel like they got short end of stick after being told they’d get deposit back only to lose it all and have a collection." 

Did any of these tenants leave a valid forwarding address when they moved?  If not then they screwed themselves.  The reality of leaving a lease is that when they didn't get their deposit back in 30 days that was when they needed to dun the landlord and then file a small claims case when he tried to keep their deposit and nail them with frivolous damages.  Too much time has passed now.  FCO does not do pay for delete so the old adage a paid collection is better than unpaid is the one to consider.

"One thing I thought was mandatory thag when disputes, which is what the CRA and creditors label prodigy attacks, are being processed that DF has to temporarily remove from report when disputing directing with DF.  Thought about including the letter where TU deleted the $92 collection and sending to other two CRAs, also thought about advising to pay. "

You are wrong on this.  There is NO requirement that a trade line be removed simply because it is being disputed.  The bureaus are only required to mark it that the consumer disputes the information.  The bureaus are independent of each other and what one does has absolutely no bearing or influence on another.  

" For the DRS $1800 collection thought about trying to speak with OC and see if anyway they could pull back and maybe apply financial assistance, this person isn’t working but does have sufficient savings they live from.

Jusy to learn that insurance denied it and no they’re stuck with full insurance price bill no discount for cash."

Any financial assistance the provider would have offered has already been applied.  Financial aid has to be applied for and is used out of a budget for each fiscal year.  That budget is exhaused every year by hospitals and once it runs out there is no more money.  If the $1800 is after insurance or part of a deductible then the illegal rebating explanation next also applies here.  As for the cash option:  the time to exercise that is before the care.  Once insurance is used they are contractually obligated to bill the out of pocket amount as determined on the EOB.  ANY discounting after insurance is used is illegal rebating.  As for pulling it back it depends on their contract with the CA.  Many of them now have a clause that states once the account is placed it cannot be recalled.

"To help age should I suggest an older tradeline as authorized user? If works correctly a 20 year revoking AU account would increase their average to over 8 years which would bump into very high threshold for max points."

The bureaus caught on to that tactic years ago.  Unless the AU trade line is from a parent or spouse it won't work.

"I want to help them but also want to avoid doing any damage.

What advice would you guys recommend? Stay the course on another round of attacks? Did receive a frivolous reply from exp bavn in may/June. Paused for couple months and started another round so this would be 3.

Is there anything else I can do to help?"

What I am about to say is based on my years of experience knowing you are convinced you are a credit savant and will continue doing what you are doing regardless of the damage you are doing.  STOP sending frivolous disputes.  I have NO idea what this "prodigy system" is that you are referring to and Googling the acronyms and names does not yield any useful information. It appears you are using some sort of credit repair scam to flood the bureaus with disputes.  The person you are helping needs to come here themselves and get help.  Having you do all of this is not teaching them to effectively manage their money or their credit.  If a mortgage is the goal then getting employed is goal #1 because most lenders want at least 2 years of employment especially in the economic disaster we are currently in in this country.  Spending savings on PFD on debts when there is no income coming in is a really BAD idea.  AZEO is #2 and last #3 is they need their own positive trade lines reporting showing they can manage credit responsibly.  Any other advice is difficult because your post is almost impossible to follow with the vague references and strange abbreviations.

Message 3 of 6
Hutchman92
Valued Member

Hey sorry yeah it's is for my own personal

credit. I had to use myself as third person because I'm in a credit repair organization Facebook group and that's where the message originally went. The disputes or attacks are metro2 compliance challenges essentially. Most of the items are report are incorrectly reported so by using metro system you can hold them accountable. 

However if you think I should not send anymore than that's worth looking at. I just want to get the credit fixed. Right when I get close to high 700s something else seems to pop on my credit and I hate it. 

perhaps I should pay it off, I believe collection under $100 don't affect Fico Fico score? And similarly for medical collection under 500$ or paid off medical collections must be removed with the new mandates being passed

Message 4 of 6
Hutchman92
Valued Member

The 2k is medical too as it's from quest diagnostics but yes I should try and make sure it doesn't get to collections 

Message 5 of 6
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

i would use NAA as your last attack to see if you can get off any of the ones that are being stubborn .... i would also recommend paying balances to 0 so it wont report each month as a derog. 

also i havent had any luck personally where i send a deletion from one CB to another to get them to remove it as well - they usally dont care 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.