Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help!

To anyone who cares.
I have been reading these forums to know you guys are awesome at fixing your credit and living a better life. I am now 38 years old and have had bad credit for over 15 years. When I try ro fix it, it seems to get worse and things that should fall off just start over and I feel like I'm doomed for life! I don't pay to pull my credit because it's so horrible. A few months ago, my fako from CK finally got to 500 becuz of fingerhut. Now it's back in the 400s cuz I couldn't pay my cards on time and new hospital bills.

I would like to have a coach to help me understand what to try to pay and what to leave alone. I have 2 credit cards: GM Buypower from Cap1 $500CL, and a CreditOne Platinum $400CL. When I got the GM card my credit score was low like it is now 460-480 so some miracle happened to their system to accept me I swear! The Credit One happened in February of this year because I was doing so well with Fingerhut Fresh Start and my Buypower card. Also disputed a few things on my credit report last year (actually disputed all bad but a few were deleted).
Here is the worst of all... I have student loans that amount to about $200K (that's not a typo). I swear more than 50% of it is interest. I don't know what to do or how to begin to fix my credit. I know there are going to be some creditors that I have to pay and I want to pay some of them. Verizon is $300, Capital One Platinum is from 2010 but Portfolio Recovery won't let it go and it's about $400. Those are the main ones I actually want to pay but don't know how to get started.

I have 2 car repos for like $8K and $13K. I'm unemployed now but I have a husband who works so I still have income.

Do I need to purchase the Fico reports & scores to get started? If so, what should I do first to get bad things off of my report?
Is there any hope for me? Should I work with Lexington Law or Credit Repair.com or will that be a waste of money? Is there someone here that has had a similar situation that can maybe coach me? I'm so lost. If necessary, I can get my reports but its depressing to look at so I haven't pulled them this year. Anyone...Please help!

P.S. I posted this in the wrong place and was told that I may need to file bankruptcy and that a part of my student loans may be included. But.... I don't want to let go of my GM Buypower card because I've bever had a world elite MC before and I'm afraid it may never happen again. Although there are not really many perks to having this card, I really do want to keep it. Can I keep this card if I do file?
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help!

Pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com if you haven't already done so in the last 12 months. Ignore the CK scores, they use Vantage 3 scores which very few lenders use. Use the 7 day trial from creditchecktotal.com to see what your actual Fico 08 scores are. Except for rare situations student loans can't be included in bankruptcy.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help!

Thank you! I wqs wondering how to get my score cheaper than what this site costs. I'm not ready for that yet lol. I will be ready to start this process once I can pull my report in a couple weeks where it will be a year for annualcreditreport.com. Hopefully someone knows the cheap route to filing bankruptcy. But I'm still skeptical about bankruptcy since I know certain cc like Discover It Secured won't allow a relationship if you have ever filed bankruptcy. I definitely need more advice. My first thing I'm working on at this time is paying my cc balances down to 10%. I may need to cut them in order to discipline myself not to use them while I pay them down lol.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.