Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Some Help

Hello everyone I would love to thank you all  for inspiring me to work on my credit. I recently applied for a Captial One Platinum Card and got approved for $300. I tried to check my credit score with Experian but I have no account reporting. How can I build up my score? Also what would be a good second card to apply for. Please Help

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Some Help

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone I would love to thank you all  for inspiring me to work on my credit. I recently applied for a Captial One Platinum Card and got approved for $300. I tried to check my credit score with Experian but I have no account reporting. How can I build up my score? Also what would be a good second card to apply for. Please Help

Welcome to the board.  For starters, how does your credit profile look like.  To get the best answers for better results, it is often good to lay it all out.  So how does your profile look like and we can go from there..

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Grats on getting your first CC. To get a credit score you need to have at least 1 card reporting for 6 months and to help that score on the way you want at least 3 revolving bankcards and 1 store card, you can get these over the next 6 months as you build history on your new card. I would see about getting in with a local CU for your second card they are great helping people to get started in the credit world.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the problem I have nothing showing at this time on my report. Looking to get a second card.Should I get a secured card or apply for another credit card?If you could suggest any cards that would be wonderful

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.What stores do you recommend I apply for?I heard Badcock is pretty easy and what about Ashely furniture.All info you could give would be very helpful. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That's the problem I have nothing showing at this time on my report. Looking to get a second card.Should I get a secured card or apply for another credit card?If you could suggest any cards that would be wonderful

I would check with your local CUs for unsecured and secured they are more helpful than banks in getting a person started. You can also checkout St Dept FCU their secured card is a SP when you already have the funds for it in savings and app by phone for it. FNBOs Kickstart card is also a secured card you could look into. For store card I would hold off till you have some history reporting on your bankcards, very few would even approve without some history. When the time comes you can present your question on whats best in the credit card forum thats where the gurus on the different cards hang out, Im primarily a rebuilding guy.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.