Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a bit of advice :) Transworld Systems / TSI/38

tag
Calistal
Regular Contributor

Need a bit of advice :) Transworld Systems / TSI/38

I've got 3 Medical Collections reporting as Transworld Systems and TSI/38 depending on the credit bureau (different name, same company).  They're $158, $87, and $593.  

I have the funds to pay it off (or to put it on the 0% for 12 months for Discover and pay it that way).  

The concern I have is the collections accounts haven't updated since June 2015 and I'm not sure if Transworld does a PFD or not.  

I don't want to call and talk to them about it, have them update it and then screw up all the good I've managed to do in the last year and a half if they aren't PFD friendly. 

Has anyone had any experience with this Collection Agency or any advice about what I can do in this situation?  I'm not sure if calling the OC would help either, since the hospital has been sold to another company and switched management. 

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores : EQ: 593 // TU: 571 // EX: 595 ~~5/2023 : TU: 823 // EX: 831 // EQ: 838
TCLs: 144k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Need a bit of advice :) Transworld Systems / TSI/38

My opinion is still try the PFD route. I say that because even if they don't and update the report, it still doesn't change the date of it being late or charged off. That has to remain the same. Nothing to lose at that point.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
scoates0
Established Member

I had two accounts with Transworld System/TSI for medical bills from June and October 2015. They were for the same company. I called Transworld and they were adamant that they do not delete only update to PIF. I called the original creditor and was able to pay them directly and they actually gave me a 20% discount. The original creditor contacted TSI and told them to remove it from my credit report.
Message 3 of 8
need2improve
New Contributor

I too have three medical collection items with Transworld.  I had made great strides with my scores, and needless to say they have plummeted because of this.  I called the original creditor to try to pay directly and have the collections pulled from TSI, they flatly refused.  I then called TSI to see if they would pay for delete and got the same story as above....adamantly no pay for delete.  Anybody have any suggestions as to how to get this off my reports?

Starting Score: 486 TU 3/2/10
Current Score: TU 603 EQ 582
Goal Score: 640

Message 4 of 8
hmandaddyo
Established Member

Send Transworld a DV letter.  Google whychat and read up on the hipaa process.  

Starting Score: 483
Current Score: 681
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Baddies: 7
Collections: 3
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@need2improve wrote:

I too have three medical collection items with Transworld.  I had made great strides with my scores, and needless to say they have plummeted because of this.  I called the original creditor to try to pay directly and have the collections pulled from TSI, they flatly refused.  I then called TSI to see if they would pay for delete and got the same story as above....adamantly no pay for delete.  Anybody have any suggestions as to how to get this off my reports?

Before doing anything google the HIPAA Letter Process as already advised follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 6 of 8
need2improve
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the advice!  The debt has already been validated.  I had disputed all three collections, and sent the actual statements with all the medical stuff that had taken place.  I really don't like that becuase that's my personal health info (PHI).  I looked up whychat's process and it looks like there's still help for me yet. Thx!

Message 7 of 8
need2improve
New Contributor

Thanks, I had already disputed the three collections and TSI did indeed validate the debt.  That was all before I reached out here in the forum....wish I had stopped here first.  I do have a name and phone number for a manager at the hospital the debt came from.  I am almost tempted to reach out again one last time in the hopes that if I give her my sob story and pay over the phone they will call it back from TSI.  I figure it doesn't hurt to try one more time.  But I've looked up Whychat's process as recommended and am studyig that right now to see what I need to do.....

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.